Help w/ September Park Reservation Strategy

Planning 5 park days for my family trip this September and would appreciate feedback. Here are my 2 initial tentative option plans. I have a 7 yo and a 2 yo, so that factors into planning big time (hence doubling up on MK). Wednesday & Thursday I have convention meetings so those can’t be park days. We also don’t have hopper tix. Thanks!

Option A:
Saturday, September 4: HS or Epcot
Sunday, September 5: Epcot or HS
Monday, September 6 (Labor Day): MK
Tuesday, September 7: MK
Wednesday/Thursday: resort days
Friday, September 10: AK

Option B:
Saturday, September 4: HS or Epcot
Sunday, September 5: Epcot or HS
Monday, September 6 (Labor Day): AK
Tuesday, September 7: MK
Wednesday/Thursday: resort days
Friday, September 10: MK

Thoughts??

What are your kids favorite things? If they love Toy Story, it may make sense to jump right in to HS. Personally, we try to stack some pool time first as the kids beg for swimming time as soon as vacation starts.

Have they been to these parks before?

How much you want to ride RoR is something to consider. Some choose to get 2+ days at HS to make sure to get a BG. It is also the PR that sells out first.

My 7 yo has been many times and is WDW veteran already. She loves rides and does everything she’s tall enough to ride! This will basically be my 2 yo’s first time (he was only 7 mo. the last time we went). My main objective is trying to pick the best park for the best day given crowd levels and waiting in line since there’s no fast pass right now (though I’m crossing my fingers/toes it may be back by September with the recent rumors).

My gut says option B bc I think Friday is a busy day for AK usually and also I think you’d want to end your trip at MK too.

I am sorry but I think EP should be a weekday, if possible. It is food and wine and I think that would severely limit what your family will be able to do in EP on the weekend.

I would do option B because I think ending with MK is great for the littles. But I also agree with @PrincipalTinker that you may want to switch you EP day to during the week.

1 Like

Thanks