Help test new website navigation structure?

I didn’t have an LL question. So I did the test again and got mostly different tasks - maybe one the same - and still no LL task.

1 Like

I had the same questions as you. I thought I was going crazy bc everyone else seems to have gotten the same ones.

The kids one and the handicap ones were most difficult. I chose the DAS link for the handicap one even though i don’t think that was right at all.

1 Like

I think a more generic label for disability information is better than putting it all under DAS. Those that have mobility issues are not eligible for a DAS “pass” so lumping them all together gives the impression they can.

Instead of just DAS, call it Touring with Disabilities and then under that you can discuss mobility (including wheelchair & scooter rental options), and DAS as separate things.

7 Likes

I didn’t have a handicap task either time.

It might be helpful if I could recall the tasks now.

:blush:

100% agree!

Oh it’s all different tasks?? That’s very clever.
Do you suppose the menu maps are different too?
I ask that because I had absolutely no trouble finding the Halloween info and it wasn’t under parks like @SirGreggLadyV mentioned.

Cool test :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I had no trouble at all - though I didn’t have DAS or Halloween. The only one that didn’t seem quite right was the Lightning Lane one, which as has been said I went straight to because I know it. Maybe I wouldn’t have if I didn’t. But then all those skip the line products at any park are called similar things so maybe I wouldn’t. I might get DH to do it and see if he finds it - if it comes up again of course.

2 Likes

Makes sense.

1 Like

It’s almost like a Disney game altho I’ve only played twice.

Now that the long weekend is over and businesses are open I’ve got shoulds that need attention.

:blush:

2 Likes

I agree with the comments about doing this test as if you didn’t know what Lightning Lanes were, or that Halloween things are at MK.

I wish I knew to take notes, before I got started.

I had trouble finding the Halloween things. It asked for Halloween at WDW, not at MK, so I expected to find the link someplace different than where it is. I know there are other Halloween things at WDW, such as at the resorts, even if it’s just on the 31st. It’s a common question.

I had some trouble finding the info about things young/small children might enjoy at MK. Some of the choices included attractions, shows, and characters. There is overlap in those choices, for instance some shows ARE attractions. I wish there was a separate but equal heading for searching by age group, not just nested under those.

3 Likes

Overall, I felt the questions asked, and where I ultimately found things, assumes knowing the answer before you look for it.

I know there is a Halloween party, so I knew where to look for it. But if I wanted to look for any special Halloween (or other special events), I might not know that it is a MK thing if I’m not a Disney regular.

It is hard to come up with a navigation structure that appeals to both those in the know, and those who are new. Where you place things might look quite different.

Perhaps that was the point of the first question, though. To differentiate responses from those who are familiar with the parks and those who aren’t.

I couldn’t find where things for people in a wheelchair would be. I don’t even know what I ended up clicking on.

I think the whole thing proves that a good Search-bar feature is going to be absolutely essential :wink:

4 Likes

i tested the navigation before reading the other comments—and planned to write this exact thing. it’s difficult to know if an average user would be able to navigate as effectively as those of us familiar with the terminology. in my version of the test, for example, i knew to go to the theme parks menu for most things, but i’m not sure i would’ve without prior knowledge.

curious to see how this develops!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s where I chose DAS because :woman_shrugging:

As a newbie who wouldn’t know of or would be looking for “special events”, I feel this is where it should end, but i needed to keep clicking in.

But I need to keep clicking in, and none of any of that would answer the question “Halloween related activities”.

Now, obviously, [starting Goofy-Cartoon Narrator Voice] “The seasoned Walt Disney World veteran knows that all holiday-themed things are collected into its own category of ‘Special Events’, and one would not look at individual park-features for such information.”

4 Likes

But how did you know to go to Magic Kingdom? What about festivities in other parks, resorts, etc? I think that question doesn’t have an appropriate selection to choose.

5 Likes

It’s how I would go about it if I was looking to do Halloween stuff. Assuming I wouldn’t already have APRs (cause…thanks Chapek), I would compare what each park individually would do for halloween activities.

Special Events immediately reads as “surcharge” and I wouldn’t be looking for that initially, but rather what park offers what.

It’s how I did it in 2016 during the First Trip™. I never went looking for “What’s the whole HUGE RESORT offering all at once”. Too large of a net.

1 Like

See I would assume it was under special events because it’s not Halloween all the time.

6 Likes

In general, I think that is a correct statement for Disney.
However, there are some holiday related events which are not cost-based. Example: resort decorations and gingerbread houses (I don’t know if there are Halloween related things outside)

1 Like

absolutely. It’s bad labeling, but it’s what we’re stuck with when it comes to Disney. As such, I would somewhat expect, that after I’ve paid my ticket to a specific park, and looking for what each park offers, I would be able to see the “included” activities there. Seasonal or otherwise.