Help, Save Me. THEY ARE COMING *conflicting trip report

Well I have a small update on my end.

My travel partner is down for the count, and as such, the first FOUR DAYS of my trip becomes, GASP, a true solo adventure.

I wonder if I can sublet her section of our villa? LOL.

I do have two friends who are coming in for various time periods later in my trip. But it’s been a hot minute since I’ve been truly solo at WDW.

I’m kind of excited. Although I wish I had planned my lodging a bit different. I’m gonna be freaked out about that empty second bedroom. LOL

OMG. This just means I MUST GO PLAY DINO GAMES AND WIN FRIENDS.

Oh whew.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building watch out, I may turn up at USO Tuesday……:joy::joy:

Although I’m keeping my dinner plans. Because they are AWESOME. Maybe I’ll go to the spa instead.

9 Likes

You could make it your goal to fill the 2nd bedroom with dino friends.

8 Likes

I mean, I kinda feel like this is going to happen.

5 Likes

I’ve already told you. Security has your photograph and has instructions not to let you in.

Besides, you’re too much of a snob to go to UOR. And too cheap to buy a ticket.

3 Likes

Sure helps to know security doesn’t it?

Bah don’t worry. I have other plans Tuesday and I’ve invited a friend to stay with me, so you’re off the hook.

I may change Wednesday’s plans and just see you guys Friday. I’ll come say hello at AK still, but I think I’m gonna cancel The Thing That I Won’t Tell You What It Is.

2 Likes

Still haven’t finished packing, but did make a side trip today for a character photo:

My flight boards at 6:05, so I think I’ll turn up at about 5:50

Should give @sanstitre_has_left_the_building a proper heart attack to read this.

(For anyone who knows LA, I’m flying out of Burbank and have precheck, clear, premier access and I’m flying first. Lol)

11 Likes

That United?

Yeah! Don’t need any of that at Burbank, but I hopped around terminals at SFO and it was nice to have! I’ve been security screened 4 times now. LOL

This has been quite an adventure, first cross country trip where I’ve had loads of weird delays, weather, etc. But I’ve kind of enjoyed it. (Helps that I was at SFO in October and it’s a fun airport to wander in)

If I had flown out of LAX my flight wouldn’t have left until 11:45, so even with the SFO delay it’s about the same. I get more miles, the extra leg bumps my status for next year and I have some really great stories.

Plus all the crazy stuff is happening today so the rest of the week goes smoothly.

Burbank is such a charming little airport!

10 Likes

I love SFO and I have the United CC so I get that Premier Access too and some passes for the club every year. They have these chocolate bars in that airport I can’t find online that have chunks of things on top like full pretzels. And like you I hate LAX. Flying to Japan next year and picked United so we can go thru SFO instead of LAX. Did the same thing when we flew to China. DS18 booked a flight to Vancouver thru LAX to see a girl and mom fixed that for him thru DFW which isn’t a great airport but it sure beats LAX. He just picked cheapest but mom paid the diff so he doesn’t have to go thru torture! When we fly to LA I try to go John Wayne or LGB (which is my fave of them) but I’ve never done Burbank since were normally doing Orange Co area. Shucks I’d fly to San Diego to avoid LAX!!!

2 Likes

LOL! I don’t mind if I’m parking at LAX. I’ve resigned to paying the extra fees to park at the terminal now though!

But if my DH is dropping me off/picking me up, I will do a connecting flight and go through Burbank. It’s just easier! If I had kept my original flight from LAX we would have gotten in an hour late, it landed after my flight from SFO this morning!! The weather in Ca is really awful right now.

Brilliant me booked my hotel starting yesterday, so I hopped off the plane, my bag was the first one off, snagged an Uber, picked up my car here, grabbed breakfast and I was in my room unpacked by 9am. Took a nice long nap and now I’m getting ready to go just, wander. My 3pm plans today were cancelled, so I think….

I think I’m an addict and I’m going to go to AK and play for Dino plushies.

What can I say. IT BRINGS ME JOY!

Besides, doesn’t this charmer from London need a friend?!

:joy::joy:

17 Likes

While the PLRC’s are off at Universal, I took myself to a late lunch in Animal Kingdom and then proved why I cannot be left unattended in AK

Oopsie. In my defense, I only played two games. I buy a stack of tickets on my first day and the goal is to make them last my entire trip.

I am determined to make that happen this time. :crossed_fingers:t2:

21 Likes

Well, my Tuesday is off to a slow start. Dealing with some client stuff, working on grade books and I think I may go to the mall instead of the parks.

I need to be rested for tomorrow. I’m meeting the boys and I want to look fresh faced and not old and tired! :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Next to @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, you look absolutely young.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

That ship sailed long ago.

1 Like

Well at least I have prettier shoes and jewels. So THERE.

Oh and my fancy big handbag. Which I am considering carrying tomorrow just so you can drool.

Haven’t quite decided. Although I’m maybe not going to ride any attractions, so it could be OK to carry. Hrmmmmm

Or am I gonna go full Christmas. DECISIONS DECISIONS!!!

4 Likes

I beg to differ.

3 Likes

From yesterday’s report, some of the boys are slow to warm up to the full immersion. So you have a choice of wowing them with your good taste or wowing them with your fully immersive holiday fashion

I think I remeber tomorrow is AK day. I would personally save full holiday for any of the other three parks. Not that I don’t love AK Holiday decorations - the others would just be more aligned.

3 Likes

Tomorrow is AK day! I’ll figure it out later…I’m still sitting in my bed fighting with my sons grade book program (which will not save anything I enter into it!), dreaming about dinner tonight, which is at Capa.

Omg capa. Mmmmmmm

Depending on how much bread I consume could dictate my attire for tomorrow.

I am only seeing them for about 2 hours I think? That’s all @sanstitre_has_left_the_building is allowing. I called in a teensy favor to a friend to arrange a special surprise and delight. I do hope it’s well received, but I am having doubts.

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

12 Likes

I hope the dinner was fantastic. Can’t wait tonsee suprises!

1 Like