Help please - Magic kingdom touring plan - Aug 2018

I’m taking my 7 yr old and 4 yr old to WDW for the first time :slight_smile: I am planning on going to Magic kingdom on Aug 22 and to the Not-so-scary Halloween party on Aug 24. If anyone has templates to use, I’d appreciate if you can share. Thanks a bunch!!

There are a MNSSHP plans in TouringPlans, actually. Here is a link to them:

https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/touring-plans/miscellaneous

2 Likes

We’re going to be in MK those days too :smiley: On 8/22 we will just be doing a couple of rides/shows in Fantasyland in the morning, plus breakfast at Crystal Palace. On 8/24 we will begin our day at the Pirate’s League at 1:45 then make our way through Adventureland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland before the fireworks. After the fireworks we will head to Frontierland for a couple more rides and to catch parts of the parade. We have no plans for character meets or trick-or-treating, just rides with short lines :smiley:

Do you have tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary on 8/24??

Yes :slight_smile:

Yes :slight_smile:

@sirivelu @kerrilux_625778 Sorry for the delay in posting a follow-up.

It’s been a number of years since we took younger kids to MNSSHP, but I was there last October and I feel my perceptions are still valid.

With a ticket to the party you can gain access to the park as early as 4:00PM. With 8/24 being a Friday night but it still being early in the Halloween season, its hard to predict what the level of local attendance may be but it’s fair to say the at 4:00PM the attendance in the park will grow rapidly up to and past 7:00PM. In early October last year the crowd level was on the high side of the scale. The Haunted Mansion was extremely busy from 5:00 on.

I feel you need to decide how much time you want to spend on trick-or-treating and taking in the seasonal aspects of the party. From there think about how late you want to keep your kids in the park and work backwards on your touring plan. Keep in mind that the later it gets, the trick-or-treating drops off, the wait times for attractions grows, and your kids get more exhausted especially if they have been in the park all day.

Consider how much time you are willing to expend to staking out a spot to watch the fireworks. You can most likely expect SRO in front of the castle. This is important if you want to watch the live performance aspects of the show. Since it will most likely be SRO yours kids would have a poor view from that vantage point anyway. I would consider backing up to the outside curb of the circle and stake out a place on the curb or go back further to the iron railing. If your at the railing you can lean on the railing and put your kids on your shoulders without annoying anyone behind you.

Best of luck and enjoy the magic.

Character locator also has some TP for the party.