Help needed with food

I have a very serious and critical problem that I need expert Disney advice for. I have an extreme oversupply of jalapeno peppers and I need Disney recipes to put them into. Anyone have any good spicy Disney recipes? Maybe from the restaurants in the Mexico pavilion?

If not, I’ll gladly take other recipes. I’m thinking I’ll make some jalapeno hot sauce, but I’m not sure how much I’ll actually be able to use.

@quicha I’m looking at you on this :grin:

1 Like

Isn’t there some pretzel with jalapeños and cream cheese or something ??

2 Likes

This doesn’t solve the immediate use problem, but DH grows peppers of all sorts and we have a huge abundance – we freeze them and thaw them out all fall, winter, and spring.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea! I’ve been thinking about making pretzels anyway.

1 Like

Do they freeze well? Will they get mushy or are they still crunchy when they thaw?

This is for tomatoes - ought to work for peppers. Wash and cut up tomatoes.
Place on a large sheet pan.
Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
350 degree oven for about 45 min to 1 hour.
Puree with a hand-held blender or food processor if desired.
Place in containers, label and freeze.

But not crunchy . . .

eta: with pureed veggies, I fill freezer quart bags about half full, then flatten in freezer. To use, I break off as much as I want for soups or whatever.

1 Like

Yes, they always seem fine when thawed. Freeze them in ziplock freezer bags to keep out any moisture and freezer burn.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan! I made some salsa already that I really like. I want to make more and can it, but my canning work on pickles didn’t turn out well. If i can just freeze the peppers I can make it fresh any time. It won’t have fresh tomatoes, but i can probably get over that.

1 Like

Stuff those little suckers!!

image https://assets.kraftfoods.com/recipe_images/opendeploy/172172_640x428.jpg

These are filled with cream cheese and covered with bacon strips. Do you want the whole recipe??

5 Likes

How many you got? I may just go visit you…

1 Like

Yes, please!

1 Like

Around 60 at the moment, plus a dozen or so habaneros. Lots left to harvest

2 Likes

I want the recipe! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

My husband makes these! Sprinkles them with a touch of brown sugar before baking/smoking them.

2 Likes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (4 oz) PHILADELPHIA Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread
1/4 Cup KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
6 fresh chiles jalapeños, large, cut in half and seeds removed
12 Strips of OSCAR MAYER Bacon

This is from the kraft mexico web site, they’re trying to get you to buy their brands. Ignore and go generic or make your own cream cheese if you’ve got the cows amigo.

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Surface of the sun temp.

2. Combine the cheeses, smush them over the jalapeño halves. Wrap each chile half with the bacon, overlapping strips at the border if needed. Add 53 bacon strips per chile. Trust me. You’re welcome.

3. Wrap an oven safe container with aluminum foil. Unless you love washing messy containers. And if you love washing containers… you’re weird. Sorry. Place the chiles face up in the shallow container.

4. Bake them in the oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. Leave them to chill a bit, don’t be a savage. Did your mother teach you those manners? Sheesh! Remove from the container and serve. Stuff your face. Wash down with tequila. Stuff your face again.

Serves a hungry person. Maybe. I dunno, just eat them ok?

3 Likes

And how many tums did you harvest?

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

Only chickens and rabbits here, and I’m not milking any of them! :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you for that mental image.
:confounded::confounded::confounded:

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with spicy (my son also likes it) but I don’t like so crazy hot it doesn’t taste good. Jalapenos and habaneros fit the bill pretty well.

2 Likes

I am sure sugar would bring out the fire of the jalapeño! Good idea!!

2 Likes