Help me pick my dates!

Hi all!! My family and I took our first trip in June 2021 (DW37, DH38, DS11, DS8). I learned so much from you all and appreciate all of the posts and tips! Now, I could use your help picking my dates for 2023. I’m really struggling between the two. Our dates are very limited with school, sports and work schedules.

Option 1: April 2-8 2023
Love the idea of cooler weather than June. Cost is higher at this time so we might stick with Pop Preferred again or do CBR. Also, my birthday is April 5th and who wouldn’t LOVE to celebrate it at Disney?!

Option 2: June 26-July 2 2023
It’s hot. We went in June in 2021 and did ok with the heat by rope dropping every day and rest/naps in the afternoon but it still gets to ya. Prices are cheaper during this time. We could definitely do CBR and maybe Riviera with DVC if I get up the courage to use it :slightly_smiling_face:

I like the idea of going in April for the weather but I’m really worried about the crowds. I plan to utilize Genie+ with Merlock so I think I can get most everything done if there’s availability, but will it still just be shoulder to shoulder? Going in June, we know the heat and how to combat it and could maybe hope for lighter crowds? Would love to hear you thoughts! Thank you!

The week leading up to easter is going to be crazy busy. June is hot, but I’d rather have less crowds and a cheaper trip. Plus it can still be 90 degrees in April so not a huge difference.

1 Like

April Is DELIGHTFUL. It’s before it gets too hot and humid. It’s probably my favorite time to visit.

But if those dates involve Easter it will be crazy. If Easter is at the very end or very beginning more tolerable. But if at all possible I would consider a later April week.

June-into-July was it entirely too hot and way too rainy for me to ever go then by choice again.

2 Likes

Looking at your 2 choices of dates, crowds/waits should not be a factor in your decision. Basically no difference, maybe 1 CL average. I am looking at the historical 2022 data and the 2023 projections. Expect it busy either date.

So it’s basically cost vs. weather (looking at an average 9 degree increase from early April to late June)

2 Likes

Are you thinking about renting points? If you use one of the well-known rental sites there’s not much risk involved.

1 Like

What she said…ha!

1 Like

Looking at nothing else APRIL. Good grief it is hot in June.

Is it Easter? I just looked in my calendar and Easter isn’t listed. Administrative professionals day is… but Easter is not. No wonder it was $3.99

3 Likes

Easter is April 9.

2 Likes

The week before Easter is going to be insane with crowds and probably really early openings. Weather will be nice though. I think you need to decide what’s more important to you - lower crowds/price or better weather.

1 Like

Thrilldata shows a small difference in avg wait times between those dates in 2022. Early April was ~45 mins and late June ~40 mins. Easter this year (4/17) was not associated with higher wait times.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m thinking of using David’s. It’s not risk I’m worried about, it’s the 100% locked in on my dates. I like with Disney you can cancel up to close to the time of your trip. More of a piece of mind thing than anything. I’m looking for outside trip insurance to cover it, the options are just overwhelming!

I didn’t see a big difference in CL’s either. 6-7’s in June with an 8 thrown in. April was 7-8’s with a 9 or 10. But that is the week before Easter so I’m still hesitant. Logically though, I would pay extra for better weather if that is the only factor! Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

IMO crowds feel worse when it is hotter, especially if you have to stand in line outside.

1 Like