Help me pick Epcot day

We have a last minute trip next week…first time without fastpasses so close to the date!
Wed. March 5 crowd level prediction is 7, and Thurs March 6 is drops to a 4. It doesnt make sense to me bc Thurs is EMH morning, and can’t figure out why Wed would be so much higher. Since we dont qualify for EMH on the CL 4 day, should we do the CL 7 day?
The only reason I can see for the CL 7 day is iti first day of Flower & Garden. (But that goes on for months)

Looking at current FP availability, there is slight advantage to going March 6…even some evening FEA availability on the sixth. March 5th has availability as well. But I’d choose soon and schedule your FPs now.

I doubt EMH plays much role in anything, so you’re probably right that it has more to do with the opening of F&G?

But I’d go with whichever makes the most sense in terms of waits, based on FP availability and what a touring plan looks like.

If you are looking to spend more time in WS than FW, it likely doesn’t matter…CLs don’t really reflect actual crowds in EPCOT…just waits for the rides.

Statistically, Thursdays are the slowest day across all the parks. So this would account for that.

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

What statistics are you looking at when saying Thursdays are the slowest?

March 5th is a Thursday and the 6th is a Friday.

That’s what the Unofficial Guide to WDW by Len Tesla of Touring plans says in his book. :smiley:

He states Thursdays, on average, is the day for the lowest crowds at the parks. Since we are all Liners here I’m going to trust that he has done the math! :wink:

2 Likes