Help me pick at MK resort

For our next trip we want to stay at one of the resorts on the MK monorail loop (Bay Lake, Contemporary, Grand Floridian or Poly). There will be four of us including a 6 year old and an infant. We want to stay in either a one bedroom suite that has two beds in the bedroom (so Miss 6 does not need to sleep in the living area) or two connected studio rooms. Looking for advice as to which resort might be best.

There are many travel companies, like Magic for less which can help you. You’re cheapest option is a standard room at the Contemporary that has 2 double beds and a day bed, hiring 2 studios at any monorail resort is very expensive. You might want to look into renting DVC points. Go to the Disney site and price up a few options, that will help you narrow down your choices. Renting DVC points has a few disadvantages like not being able to cancel and no mousekeeping, but by renting points you could get 1 studio with a theme park view for around the same price as only having a standard room.

What’s you time of year?

First two weeks of December 2017 @jenniemouse

I’d vote for BLT. The ability to walk to MK with the little ones is a huge plus. It makes midday breaks very easy.
You can still take the monorail if you like but that 5-10 minute walk is great.

BLT / Contemporary from the fact you can walk. The hotel has a lot of great amenities - but it isn’t very “Disney” in my opinion. Nice hotel - but nothing special. The monorail going through it is cool though. To add to your list (and a bit easier on the pocket book) - I offer Wilderness Lodge. You take a boat - but it is a great hotel with a great location

1 Like

For a 2 week stay at that time of year you may want to check availability before you try to decide and get all excited for a specific resort. I know it was impossible for us to get 10 days at any monorail DVC property in the second week of December (12/5-14) last year. My sister had already booked a 2 br at BLT right when her her 11 month window opened, so we ended up just getting a Bay Lake view room at CR for 4 days and moving to OKW for the remainder.

With kids that age, I’m assuming that MK will be you focus, and you can’t beat the convenience of the CR. But I agree that availability may become the deciding factor in December.