Help me make a resort decision!

I’m planning a trip with just me and DDalmost6 for her birthday and am torn between two resort options. Dates are 4/28-5/1 (3 nights) and our general plans are:

4/28 - land at 1:45, Epcot
4/29 - MK
4/30 - HS
5/1 - flight at 3:15, potentially a few hours in a park in the morning

My two options are of course already booked - just need to decide which one to cancel :rofl: Both options cost roughly the same (within about $50) because the DVC portion is booked on points.

1. AOA Little Mermaid room for 3 nights
  2. 1st night main tower CR - lake view, 4/29-5/1 BLT studio lakeview

This is a no brainer, right? I’m leaning toward CR/BLT because of location/general nice-ness but not sure if switching rooms will be a hassle. If we do CR/BLT we could also easily do MK for a few hours on our departure day. Also of note - we’ve stayed at AOA, CR, and BLT and enjoyed all three but we were not in the main tower at CR. Help!

4 Likes

I think CR/BLT is the right choice here.

4 Likes

I would say it’s a no brainer, yes.

2 Likes

Such a short stay, Id go with AoA, Skyliner to EP and HS, bus to MK. But I wouldn’t want to waste any of my MK day doing transfer/ packing and unpacking. If you do not mind that, the deluxe rooms would be nicer and keep you with easy access for the MK day. Decisions, decisions.
Also, Little Mermaid theming for DD.

3 Likes

AOA is awesome for HS and Epcot with the skyliner and the room theming is super cute.

We’ve stayed in the tower and it is nice but not as child friendly imo. Hope it works out well for you.

4 Likes

Tough choice. AoA is so cute for your daughter, but CO is great for location and access to restaurants. What does your daughter think?

1 Like

I’d pick Contemporary. So convenient plus—- monorail!! My kids always ask to stay at the resort with the monorail going through it.

2 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to ask her because BLT just became available while she’s been at school today! I’ve really been hyping up the Little Mermaid theme to her - we’ll see how she feels.

I would rather stay at BLT/CR but the trip is really about having special time with her (without DD2 and DS10mo). I’ll see what she thinks tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With a 3 night stay, I would definitely pick one. Being settled in a room for your 3 nights will help you focus on enjoying the parks that much more without worrying about packing, unpacking, repeat, do I like my new room, etc… I vote Contemporary for your daughter. You can walk right into MK and jump on monorail to Epcot, Also, very easy to to get up on your last day and walk into MK for a couple hours before heading to airport. Enjoy!

1 Like

If you plan to go to the pool the AoA pool is SO wonderfully themed and BLT pool is meh.

1 Like

On the other hand, the BLT pool has a waterslide.

1 Like

It’s still a basic pool.

but AoA

as a kid, I’d pick AoA every time :wink:

1 Like

See, as a kid…I would pick the water slide every time!

Different strokes, I guess.

3 Likes

Yup :wink:
back stroke :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Well, I thought for sure she’d pick AOA when I asked but she wants CR/BLT! I told her we’d probably be able to do a few hours at MK on our departure day and I think the extra park time sold it. Like mother like daughter!

9 Likes

I love that you let her pick :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Agree, (per my kid).
But I will say we just spend a few days at CR/BLT and she LOVED it. I think since its a short trip you don’t want to waste time on buses to MK since I imagine you’ll be there quite a bit, I’d vote CR/BLT.
If you have a little time on your HS day, maybe take the skyliner to AOA and walk around to just enjoy the resort themes?

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with CR/BLT.

Time is money in WDW, and your can save a lot of time by staying there.

Plus it’s classic Disney - monorail, MK views…ah!

1 Like

The CR tower rooms now have theming based on The Indredibles, so that could be fun, too - especially if she knows who they are.

2 Likes