Help me find the balance

I figured out our park days (thanks for the feedback on that) and spent a ton of time this weekend at laying out touring plans for our trip May 1-12. The amount of time spent in lines each day seems really high when I optimize for less walking and a slower pace. But if I prioritize low lines, I feel like we will be using just as much time and energy racing all over the park. Rope drop also seems like the only sane option to avoid lines but with the time change that is going to be really rough day after day. (And with me in a scooter, I can’t exactly race people to the entrances.) Genie+ seems like it would have us at its mercy for scheduling and we’d still be racing all over the park. How do you find the balance?

This is what you have to decide for yourself and your party. For me, if it’s not adding a lot of time I would rather not zig zag everywhere. It often makes a difference but not as much as you’d think - I look at the total time spent in line. This weekend I was working on plans of my own and found that it only made 5 minutes difference on one plan to minimize walking; on another it threw the whole thing off so I reworked things a bit.

I can’t answer the Genie+ piece since it’s not even a week old at this point. I would put that on the backburner for now and watch things play out a while (you have oodles of time). Build your best plan WITHOUT Genie+ and it can only enhance things and make the day better since you won’t be relying on it to start with.

1 Like

I have developed a strict rule of NO zigzagging, I go in one direction and I update my TP to reflect that. I need to try using the TP app and optimizing after rides. If you have it set to less walking (that should minimize/eliminate zigzagging the park) but there are others w/ more experience. I, like you, make my plans at home and then stick to them.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m glad I’m not the only one who can’t imagine racing back and forth. :laughing: I have loads of time, but I’m hoping planning now will help me make sure I picked the right number of days at each park while I can still switch around reservations. Then I hope to forget about it through the holidays!

1 Like