Help me decide on a resort

We’re going down in mid-July, originally staying in a Kidani 1-bedroom but then we changed our dates so we could meet up with family and Kidani isn’t available with the Disney+ discount. Currently booked at AoA in a Cars Suite. It’s myself, DH, DS5,DD1, and SS12 and SD14. My only requirement is two bathrooms :joy:

We’ve stayed in a Cars suite before and it was great, but I’m concerned that a pack-n-play and small cot/air mattress won’t comfortably fit. We’re also considering getting two rooms at either POR French Quarter or Riverside. But I’m concerned that we might not get connecting rooms? I have no experience requesting adjoining rooms so I don’t know how they prioritize that, if at all. Also, I remember reading negative things about transportation at POR. Any recommendations or thoughts welcome!

1 Like

There are no connecting rooms at POR. We stayed at POR in two rooms in 2018 and sent in a room request for adjoining rooms. (Connecting = with a private door between the rooms. Adjoining = next to each other.) They apparently didn’t get the request and placed the two rooms just about as far apart as possible. When we checked in the woman at the front desk was very nice and did her best to move them closer together but there wasn’t much that she could do.

We had no problems with the POR transportation. It’s possible we were lucky, but I never felt like the wait was unexpectedly long.

(We stayed at AKL in 2019 and our request must have gotten through that time, because we got rooms right next to each other.)

If it’s a nice bonus if your rooms are near each other, go ahead and leave it up to a request. If it’s essential that the rooms be together, go for a suite or villa. That’s the only way to guarantee it.

3 Likes

I love POFQ and would recommend that over POR due to the smaller size of the resort, easier bus transport (no internal stops), and great pool. Compared to AoA I think you know what the pros / cons will be based on the room type since you’ve stayed at AoA.

4 Likes

Another vote for POFQ. We stayed there last December and loved it! And it would get you 4 real beds instead of 2 and a sofabed. If you call to book or just call after you book and have them add a request for connecting rooms they can usually accommodate.

1 Like

I think POR has some connecting rooms, based on the photos of rooms on Disney’s site. Some photos show the door in the same wall as the headboards of the beds, near the door to the exterior.

1 Like

My 4 year old agrees about the pool! I love how close everything is…we loved Kidani last year, but that walk to the lobby was no joke!

1 Like

I reached out via chat and was told that any party with only 1 or 2 adults and too many minors could be guaranteed connecting rooms, I just have to call! Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! My apologies for the mistake.

1 Like

The AoA suites are pretty darned large. You have two pullout/down sleep surfaces in the living area and the bed in the separate room. And two full bathrooms. And a kitchenette (where I think a pack n play would fit nicely)

Don’t short yourself by getting two hotel rooms. Keep the Cars suite.

2 Likes

I would totally KEEP AoA. Those suites are pretty big. You’d have a kitchenette. Theme is perfect for your kids ages. Skyliner is great with a stroller. No folding it up like on a bus.I think you’d have more space in the suite than two rooms.

1 Like

It’s easy to think there aren’t any - if you don’t end up in a connecting room. Choosing a room would be so much easier if Disney showed detailed floor plans the way cruise lines do, with indicators for connecting rooms, categories, and room capacity.

1 Like