Help Me Decide- If I Should Book On Site to get 1 Day EE?

It’s still really low crowds though.

1 Like

It’s still hella expensive though

1 Like

Oh I know. But I don’t think most people are going to see standby waits like we have the last few days for RotR. When it’s a 3 hour wait, that’s a different calculation - you still might decide not to pay, but you’re getting into ‘time is money’ territory.

3 Likes

True. Absolutely true.

1 Like

I thought the OP was asking about what to book for just the first night before switching to the offsite reservation. If it’s still possible to book a cheap value room, maybe through one of JJT Hotwire deals then that’s what I would do for that first night. Then get to try EE for the first morning when everyone is excited and willing to get up super early. Hope the OP is having safe travels today!

1 Like

Agreed, and I ended up booking a standard (non-Disney) hotel for tonight. We are a party of 5 (part of the reason we’re staying off-site at a condo the rest of our trip), so it was difficult to find a reasonably priced Disney resort property for tonight.

Trying to decide when to arrive at HS parking tomorrow, given the new info. I originally was planning on 8…
Also trying to figure out a new plan of attack, since we’ll now be behind the EE crowd. :frowning:
Adding - as much as I would love to do Rise, I’m not prioritizing it based on my crew.

We ate hard core rope droppers and TP users, so these changes are killing me… :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome any thoughts!
@bebeg @Jeff_AZ @Nicky_S @missoverexcited @OBNurseNH @kjsprouse_577366

4 Likes

Not usually the most effective way to acquire expertise, but hey - no judgment from me. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I would still stick to arriving around 8, but probably no wrong answer here. As you are waiting to enter, check the wait times on the Lines app. I think most waits will still be reasonable for you because there are so many headliners. Maybe head to MFSR, SDD, TOT, MMRR…

Today, ROTR was a 30-40 minute wait after 5pm.

1 Like

So the Extreme rope droppers ate the Hard Core rope droppers for lunch? :joy:

4 Likes

This might still be a good strategy. You might be sad watching all the on-site guests being ushered past you onto rides, but at least you’ll be on hand ASAP when offsite guests are allowed in, which may be earlier than advertised. At the very least I think they will admit offsite guests into the park and hold them at a rope somewhere.

3 Likes

DYING!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Fat fingers LOL.

1 Like

LOL - that’s how we roll. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You never mentioned being… cannibals. :flushed:

3 Likes

That’s kind of what I was thinking too.

1 Like

Get to the headliners at all costs… :rofl:

1 Like

UPDATE: My parents are with us (including my 80 y/o dad), so we did not get the fast start I was hoping for this morning. Nonetheless, we were parked by about 8:35 and waiting outside the gates by 8:45. I remembered the rule to stay to the left, and that paid off for us at the “turnstiles.” As of 12:30, we had done SDD, TSM, TOT, RNRC, and MMRR. Since then we’ve just been taking it easy and doing indoor stuff for my parents like Frozen, Muppets, etc. I am pleased! The Lines App has been super helpful with wait times.

@bebeg @Jeff_AZ @Nicky_S @missoverexcited @OBNurseNH @kjsprouse_577366

9 Likes

Sounds like a great morning!

2 Likes

Sounds like an awesome start to your day! So glad it worked out!
I haven’t been watching ROTR times too closely but maybe you can get a ride in with lower wait times later in the day?

1 Like

Awesome! I think that aspiration to do EE but then it not happening is common in my family. It’s tough to get up early on vacation, and the more people involved the less likely it’s going to happen!

Still, sounds like you are making great progress.

1 Like

EE confuses me every time

I automatically read Expedition Everest until I get some context :laughing:

(not suggesting a change!!! just sharing)

7 Likes