I just joined touring plans and excited to use this site! My little family of 3 will be going to Disney World March 27th - April 5th (Flying from California). I am having the hardest time trying to decide on a resort plan for this trip (We have only been to Disney World 1x before and stayed 2 nights at Pop Century just for the benefits.) We do have several timeshare options off site such as Hilton and Marriot (with nothing out of pocket). However, For this trip I am just really thinking the convenience would be awesome to stay on-site for the majority of the time we are there. Please help me decide and yes, the cost does have an effect on what we choose.
27th - 31st Stay at Hilton Parc Soleil Timeshare
31st-5th Stay at Disney Swan
6 Day Park Passes
Total cost is $2880
Pros: Swan is Right in the middle of everything. Excited to Ride the Boats and be able to walk to the Boardwalk. Also, Got The Parc Soleil for 1/2 the points as normal.
Cons: No Package Deal to put a deposit down , No Magic Express, Bus to MK is not good
27th-31st stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort (Water View) will request the Aruba Area (Tried to book through the 1st but it’s not available)
31st-2 - Disney Swan
2nd-5th - A Marriott or Hilton Timeshare Resort off property
Includes 6 Day Disney tickets
Total Cost $3483
Pros- Package Deal with extras, Magic Express Bus, Skyliner convenience if we get Aruba
Cons- Close to $500 more, need to move hotels 3x, Possibly don’t get the room area we request,
Just stay off Property in our timeshares and drive in everyday
6 Day Tickets $1734
FREE besides a $350 rental car and WDW Parking fee
Total Cost About $2234 but not convenient
Pros - Saves close to 1k
Cons - Not convenient, won’t have a chance at rope drop if we drive in
27th-31st stay at Carribean Beach Resort
31st-5th - Off-site Hilton or Marriott Timeshare (basically no extra chage)
Includes 6 Days Disney Tickets
Total is $3005
Also - I put in a request through RCI for a DVC resort (Probably the Saratoga Springs if we get anything). If the request comes through we will stay there for the majority. Its very possible this won’t happen though.
If we do the 1st Option its about $1137 more than just staying off property.
Please Help!! Or, if you have any other ideas I’ve been racking my brain for several days.