Help me choose!

Hi guys, were from Portugal and planning our 1st trip! we can go last 2 weeks June 21 or last week august/1st week September 21.
What are the pros/cons of both options and would you go for if you had to choose? :blush:

For which year.

Surely you don’t mean 2020? Because if you do, you won’t be able to do the June dates at all and are highly unlikely to be able to do the Aug/Sept week either.

Welcome to the forum! End of August/ beginning of September could possibly be the Halloween Party and Food and Wine at Epcot. I love both events but the heat/humidity can be very bad.

I like end of June and have found the crowds to be manageable. Of course, I would not like to predict the future on crowds or events!

1 Like

Is it less hot and humid in June? I am trying to figure out when we can go next year and we are really not used to heat and humidity.

Hi no 2021! Did say that in my post :blush:

1 Like

June feels like a sauna. It’s not unbearable as long as you alternate indoor/outdoor throughout your touring. I don’t mind June at all. Not too much rain, crowds aren’t the worst.

1 Like

LOL I read it as June 21st or August 21st

:laughing:

I see it now.

3 Likes

With all the people rescheduling and the anniversary next yr I know it’s hard to predict!
But Crowd wise june or aug/sep? Help I’m going to book tomorrow :see_no_evil:

Yep, Washington does not really know heat and humidity. Being from the Chicago suburbs, until a year ago, where we know heat and humidity, I still find summer in Orlando unbearable. Last year, even the end of October’s record breaking heat was unbearable.
I laugh when 90 degree temperatures make for news commentar here in WA. Nine days of 90 degree temperatures makes the news, being from the midwest I think how is that news.

2 Likes

My friend’s AC went out in her car and it is ridiculously expensive to fix. I said … at least it doesn’t really get hot here. And she was shocked I would say that! Cuz you know anything above 75 is scorching! But I grew up in Arizona. You know, it’s a dry heat. :joy:

@Lalilu
I wish I had some words of wisdom! I thought June was typically more crowded than late August/early September. We had thought about going this year during that time. Now I’m thinking January.

2 Likes

Were you there the same week as me? Lol October 19 was really hot! Definitely felt similar to the Aug and sept trips I have taken before

1 Like

The week after the first Monday in September is often one of the least crowded times at the parks.

The first monday in September in the USA is the Labor Day holiday, it marks the end of summer and return to school for kids. School schedules vary from state to state but the first two weeks in September after that holiday is one of the few times of the year when just about all kids are in school.

2 Likes

It has been less humid and easier to handle during the day for me. In June, it is hot. End of August/ beginning of September has been my Labor Day weekend trips. I have had to leave food and wine after a few booths because the sweat pouring down my face was biting my eyes…

1 Like

We got there on October 22nd, I think. The first nice day, temperature wise, was our last day in the parks, November 1st. A CM at our resort said that it was the hottest for those dates in 90 years.

1 Like

Yup same week. We got there the 25th and left on the 3rd. Those first couple of days in Nov we much better. Weather seems to be a crap shoot anymore. We booked Oct hoping it would be a little cooler…nope. oh well crowds were great so cant complain too much lol. Goimg back to aug trips next time.

1 Like

Taking crowds out of equation cause who knows anymore. As far as weather it could be just as bad in June as aug but high chance of hurricanes in Aug. Historically Prices are better in aug/sept and aug and sept has food and wine and MNSSHP. I would go aug/sept personally. :wink:

1 Like

Crowd wise, I’d definitely pick end of August/early September. I’ve been a couple of times in early September and it is wonderful. The first Monday of September is a US holiday, so there might be slightly more people there that weekend. But it’s a very low crowd holiday compared to many others.

It can definitely be very hot/humid that time of year though, but I don’t think it’s that much worse than June. Having food and wine festival in Epcot in September is also a huge plus and definitely makes the heat worth it for my group.

1 Like

As a fellow Washingtonian…agree 100 percent. We really struggle with the humidity in Orlando, it is just so oppressive. Give me an Eastern WA summer any day, with our fabulous 15 percent humidity.

2 Likes

This is how my daughter is! She prefers 65 degrees or less. At 70 she is like wow, it is so hot! This is why she is going to Vermont to go to school. :laughing:

4 Likes

Welcome @Lalilu! I can’t really help you with June vs August as both times are really too hot for us, but I do think it is less crowded in August/early September as that is when school starts for a large portion of the US. June is prime vacation time. Enjoy planning your trip!

1 Like