Help me choose QS restaurants

I’m on the fence with BOG. And wasn’t sure if it met criteria since reservations are highly recommended(?). (I’ve seen limited info on walk ups being seated.) We had breakfast there our last day. Enjoyed the experience of the Rose Room and the food was fine but not memorable.

My daughter is a huge fan of Docking Bay 7! She loves the shrimp and noodle salad. I really like the plant based meatballs and hummus. Yum! At Disneyland they have an enclosed patio for seating that is lovely. Sigh! I miss Disneyland!

1 Like

Yup, I guess it’s a Celiac thing. I verb gluten all the time.

1 Like

I’m making reservations this week, so that’s an option. Looking for QS for the sake of my budget. I’ve heard so many mixed reviews on BOG, and we only have one lunch in MK. I might try for a PPO breakfast, though.

1 Like

I felt like the food options in MK weren’t stellar, so BOG could be a good choice given the lack of competition. My DH just commented the other day how much he enjoyed the Rose Room so really glad we did it.

The other QS we had on our possibilities list in MK was Tortuga Tavern. Not sure how friendly that menu could be to GF modifications. It does have BBQ options.

1 Like

I have Pecos Bill’s on my list for MK, which I expect my whole family will enjoy. I think we’ll hold out for the good barbecue elsewhere.

I’m SUPER annoyed that Disney has removed all the allergy menus from their website. They were a huge help in planning our trip last year.

Do you still happen to have any of those links or remember how you got to them? Archived versions might be on the way back machine if those would be at all helpful to you as a starting point with the knowledge they may be outdated.

Ooh, I didn’t think of that! I don’t have any saved links, but I just navigated to them on the WDW site. They were with the regular menus.

Do you remember one that definitely had it? I could ferret around a little. (Unless you already are…)

Storybook Dining at Artist Point, Garden Grill, Trattoria al Forno.

I remember seeing two different formats during the time I was planning. Sometimes you could scroll all the way to the bottom of a menu and find allergy-friendly options there. Other times it would be a separate menu, and you’d switch using a drop-down box at the top. The box would have options like Breakfast, Lunch/Dinner, Allergy-free Breakfast, Allergy-free Lunch/Dinner, for example.

1 Like

Have you eaten at the Morimoto QS? I can’t find any reviews or gf menus. And I’m finding mixed reviews of the TS restaurant when it comes to gf options.

Thanks for the facebook link, I’ll check it out!

I poked around on the wayback machine for a bit with no luck. I assume you’ve already checked out the allergy menus on TP?

Example

I didn’t think of that until you reminded me, so thanks for that! Unfortunately, most of the restaurants mentioned in this thread don’t have allergy information listed. I can’t blame anybody at TP, because it looks like Disney has stopped publishing that information. I’ll post back if the Special Diets team offers anything useful over email.

1 Like

I have not eaten at the morimoto quick serve yet. I’m unable to find a printed allergy menu online. It seems they want you to speak with a chef when ordering, which is the best way to go anyway. They’ll ask what you want and will suggest a dish that is accommodating. I suggest going there, seeing what they have, then having a backup plan in the event it doesn’t work out. My backup plan at Disney spring is D-Luxe burger. Their allergy bun is excellent.

Will any of the DS food trucks work?

Good to know, thank you! I’m happy to eat a good burger occasionally, but the only one I’ve tried at WDW was at Captain Cooks, and it was disgusting. GF burgers can be a real gamble, so I appreciate the recommendation.

1 Like

I figure the food trucks are out, because all the menu items are centered around gluten. Hot dogs, mac and cheese, and cookie dough?

So weird- I was thinking of this one:

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/4-rivers-cantina-barbacoa-food-truck/

I think there are others beyond the 3 Sisney highlights?

That looks delicious! I just googled “disney springs food trucks” and that one didn’t come up.

1 Like

I think there were a few all together and then one or two in separate locations?