Help me choose a Disney Springs restaurant

You’re going to Disney Springs for dinner, party of 3 adults. You’ve never been to any of the DS restaurants. You won’t be back to DS on this trip.

Which restaurant do you book?

• Boathouse
  • Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’
  • Jaleo
  • Wine Bar George

0 voters

GO!!

1 Like

Answered based on the choices. Of the choices, on the list, I’ve only been to CASH & BH

1 Like

I thought of adding an Other option but it’s really a choice among these 4 for us. Not that that will stop Liners from offering their own off-menu selections.

1 Like

I figured you were trying to decide between those 4. Homecoming has exceptional service and a GREAT menu. Boathouse has wonderful seafood choices but is too crowded indoors for me. Sitting outside is a must at BH, IMHO.

1 Like

Homecomin from those but my first choice would be Raglan Road.

6 Likes

For the food? Food + entertainment? What do you like to eat there?

Food, drinks, entertainment, atmosphere. It’s great all round. My favourite meal is the braised beef followed by the lemon meringue pie. I haven’t looked at the post covid menu to see if those are still on there. We’ve all enjoyed anything we’ve had there though.

2 Likes

Glad to see Homecoming doing so well!
I’ve never been… yet! (ADR on my next trip!)

On a side note, I just saw a vlog reviewing Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar.
Looked great… (although I really just want to rant about the anachronistic phonetic alphabet posted by the aircraft identification/radio. Oh. Disney)

3 Likes

Based on my visit to Boathouse in November, I would not go back. That’s probably an unfair assessment, they were clearly in the weeds and short of staff. They tried their best and everyone was very nice…but the food was massively disappointing.

2 Likes

I would have voted for both Jaleo and Homecomin as good choices, but Homecomin is a fave and an always MUST! So that one got my vote. But I would also agree with the Raglan Road suggestion…or Morimoto’s.

1 Like

I have been to none of these but my brother has been to all. He declares Wine Bar George to be above and beyond the rest due to the delicious food and the incredible wine. The service is impeccable and the atmosphere is laid back and non stuffy. He says he would definitely return multiple times.

3 Likes

I reckoned Homecomin’ would get most of the love. I want to want to go there even though I’m not terribly fond of fried chicken (please don’t hurt me).

1 Like

So get the thigh high chicken biscuits. Or the shrimp and grits. Or the mac and cheese. Or the deviled eggs. Or the fried green tomatoes. Or the hummingbird cake (now with Real Hummingbirds!™ )

6 Likes

I didn’t get the fried chicken. I got the Cuban sandwich, which was delish. But the highlight was the deviled eggs, based on @OBNurseNH’s recommendation. Rest of m family got the fried chicken.

1 Like

I love a good Cuban sandwich. The one at Backlot Express is surprisingly passable.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. I had that one as well!

1 Like

uh oh. Now I have to change my TP

1 Like

To what?? From what?? What’d I do?

Now I hear a Cuban sandwich calling my name… that’s a snack if you convince someone to share it with you, right?

100%! But… if you go to Backlot you gotta get a wookie cookie. And that’s a snack too. So you’d have to be ok with a double snack.

Eta: not sure where you are staying, but the qs at CBR has a good cuban too.

4 Likes