Help making a 2 park plan

Just a quick question - again - not being familiar with the parks I’m trying to figure this out :slight_smile:

If our plan is to RD early admission IOA, will there really be a 64 minute wait if we hit the Hulk ride first? I keep thinking it might be better for us to hit the 2 rides in Marvel land first, that way we are pretty much done with that area of the park. We only plan to hit Skull Island, JP & HP. That way it would be easier for me to justify going back and forth on the HE between both parks again later in the day.

How important is it to you to experience WWoHP versus getting rides done? Because WWoHP in both parks gets to be VERY crowded by noon. Usually best to be done by then. Doing both parks, with WWoHP, means taking the train, which is worth doing if you have multiple days, but can suck up a lot of time.

Not late at all, I’m trying to figure it all out!
Luckily it’s just DH & I and I know there are certain things that aren’t must do for us and if need be we have no problem skipping them.

I’d spend my entire day just between both WWoHP lands if it were just me, but I have to let DH enjoy the other rides as well!

DISREGARD - I found the answer I was looking for, it’s not open!

2 Likes
After your added info, maybe something like this?
  1. Arrive at IOA gates 45 minutes before EPA (7:15)
  2. Hagrid’s
  3. Forbidden Journey
  4. Honeydukes
  5. Hogwart’s Express to USF
  6. Escape from Gringott’s
  7. Gringott’s Money Exchange/shopping
  8. Beedle the Bard
  9. Ollivanders Experience
  10. Knockturn Alley
  11. Leaky Cauldron Lunch
  12. Knight Bus
  13. The Mummy
  14. Transformers
    Other USF attractions: RRR, Simpsons, MiB??
  15. Hogwarts Express back to IOA
  16. VelociCoaster
  17. JP River Adventure
  18. Kong
  19. Spiderman
  20. Hulk

This is the list I’m currently going by as far as rides only. The * is so I know we need to include time to get a locker. I don’t plan to do Olivander’s as we’ve done the show before & I’m not interested in Beetle Bard (if I had more time, then yes I’d like to see it). I definitely plan to include a break to walk around both WWoHP lands, especially Knockturn Alley! There’s definitely more for us at US. I REALLY appreciate your list and taking the time to make them!

ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS
WWHP - HOGSMEADE WWHP - DIAGON ALLEY
HP - Hogwarts Express - Hogsmeade HP - Hogwarts Express - Kings Cross
HP - Flight of the Hippogriff HP - Escape from Gringotts*
HP - Forbidden Journey*
HP - Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure* MINION LAND
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
MARVEL SUPER HERO ISLAND Illuminations Villain Con Minion Blast
Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
Incredible Hulk Coaster* NEW YORK
Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket*
JURASSIC PARK Transformers: The Ride 3D
Jurassic World VelociCoaster* Race thru NY - Jimmy Fallon
Pteranodon Flyers Revenge of the Mummy*
Rapture Encounter
SAN FRANCISCO
Skull Kong: Reign of Kong - 1 ride Fast & Furious Supercharged
Not interested in any other lands here WORLD EXPO
Men in Black Alien Attack
SPRINGFIELD USA
The Simpsons Ride
HOLLYWOOD
The Bourne Spectacular

The following rides I have no problem eliminating:
Illuminations Minion ride
I’m seeing we can’t ride Pteranodon w/o a child so I guess that’s out as well
MIB
Spiderman (similiar to Simpsons & we prefer that one)

2 Likes

Sounds good! You got this.

1 Like

Another random question - if using EA and heading straight to WWoHP which direction is best to walk there? Should we go left (and maybe attempt to ride Vericoaster then head to WWoHP) OR head right, do HP then go back & do JP & Skull Island?

You must head right, as the left side is closed off. Just follow the crowd.

Yes

1 Like

Thank you! It’s all the little things that are super helpful to know!

2 Likes

Although, of course, there are differing opinions, I’ll offer mine!

For the rides you have at USF, I would consider skipping Transformers, Fast & Furious, and possibly Race thru NY.

Transformers is what I call a “frenetic mess” too much going on too fast to really follow it…and Spider-Man is essentially the same ride experience, but much better.

Fast & Furious is the same ride system as Skull Island…but Skull Island is much much much better. Fast & Furious is actually quite stupid, aside from the third “scene”…which is just okay. Quite possibly the worst ride in all of UOR.

Race Thru NY is actually fun…but nothing ground-breaking about it. The wait is GENERALLY low…so I would skip it if you were running short on time.

Pteranadon Flyers you will not be allowed to do…and even if you could, the wait for it is astronomical at times, so not worth the wait.

Flight of the Hippogriff is another skippable ride. It is fine…but definitely just a kiddie coaster. Again, when trying to fit it all in, this is one you probably want to skip.

Honestly, even eating at The Leaky Cauldron is something you might consider dropping. Unless you hit it just right, the wait for it can be be long. I think that time would be better spent exploring Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley in general, such as visiting Knockturn Alley. But definitely get Butterbeer! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your insights!
I could care less about Transformers but DH said he’d like to try it. It’s on the chopping block if I need to cut something!
F&F - I’ve never seen any of the movies & have no interest in doing so but DH would love looking at the cars in the queue and I think he’d like that one so I’m gonna keep it.
Race thru NY - we are NY transplants living in NJ & DH still works in NY so I think he will enjoy it. Wait times seem low the few places I’ve put it and I’m going to keep it.
Yes, the more I researched I saw PF needed to be cut. I had initially watched a YouTube video with all of the rides but it was a condensed version so I wasn’t really sure.
I know Hippogriff is a kiddie coaster but if time allows I’d like to ride it just to say I did! I missed out on the Dragon coaster they used to have.
As far as food, I know we always enjoyed the fish & chips at Epcot and I thought that would be better than a basic burger & fries. Being from NY/NJ I’m definitely not ordering pizza at a theme park. I haven’t really researched the food options, but I plan on working on that some more.
I want to plan a dinner for the friend who is gave us the tickets, but she won’t have her schedule until about 2 weeks before. Hopefully we can do it the night before our park day.
I definitely want Butterbeer AND ice cream from Fortescue’s!

2 Likes

I just saw that LC is available for mobile ordering - I think that will be a better option for us!

1 Like

It has used mobile ordering for a while, but you have to be seated first to use it. So you have to wait in line, wait for a table, and then mobile morder.

2 Likes

LC (and others) are mobile order/table delivery. There is usually a line to get in, and they will seat you. If the line is long enough, you can submit the order while you wait to be seated. When they take you to your table, you enter the table number and they prepare the food. They are usually very quick at bringing the food.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Hopefully since it’s only 2 of us it will go quicker. Also, if I’m geeking out over some HP stuff I can always send DH over there if there is a long line.

1 Like

If you want to have the shortest wait at LC, be there right at 11, or wait until after 2. Reports have been that the wait for a table frequently run about 45 minutes during normal lunch time.

We always try to do LC or TB right at 11, which usually was about a 15 minute wait, maybe?

I don’t think being just two of you will speed anything up. But having your husband get in line and wait might work. Make sure he knows what to order for you.

1 Like

Just wanted to circle back to this.

RRR, VC, & Hulk have metal detectors. So no loose items of any kind, pockets emptied.
The VC small (free) lockers are inside the queue. Remember your dino/number because after riding you will be on the opposite side and it will look different! Large (pay) lockers are in the Discovery Center.

The rest of the attractions that do not permit any type of bag/purse, will allow you to have loose items as long as they’re secured. (cargo pants pockets, fanny pack, phone lanyard). Keep your phone with you for Hagrid’s, FJ, Gringott’s so you can get lots of pictures in the queues!

2 Likes

Very helpful information, especially for remembering the #'s.
DH is the only one riding RRR & VC. I figured I would wait on line with him for VC (if the que is worth it) but bow out at end.
I always bring a small cross body purse because I normally need something to store our glasses in. I didn’t wear them back in 2011 when I rode the hulk. That should prove interesting… Neither one of us can see without them now!

1 Like