HELP! Magic Key- Opening day!

Hi!! Planning on going to Disneyland next week and all of a sudden in a panic that crowds will be higher because opening day of the new annual pass will open Wednesday (the first day we had planned in the park😫). How do we think this will affect crowds???

I don’t know if Weds will be affected by the magic key holders. Can you make reservations the day you buy the key? I suspect if you can then people will buy the key online and then try to go to the park later in the evening. But I don’t know if I have ever seen same day reservations available. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Personally, I would plan on going early and trying to get everything done as early as possible. Just see how the crowds shape up throughout the day and night.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll see a surge all at once. Don’t worry too much about it!

2 Likes

I’d be more concerned about that weekend than the first couple of days. They intentionally do things like this mid-week, when people are at work / school, to avoid getting slammed on the first day.

1 Like

The lowest tier is blocked that weekend Friday-Sunday. So of the locals buy that tier, it should be fine.

1 Like

I believe you will see an influx that day in vloggers, bloggers, influencers, etc., but not enough to really impact your trip.

2 Likes

It will depend on whether the DL site crashes because everyone wants to buy one all at once.

1 Like

I suspect many of the people I mentioned above will be there in person to get their “Keys” and will be using bridged tickets. At lease the is what I would do to avoid that headache.