Help! Lost my profile picture and can't upload another one

@len @Lentesta @daybreaker Please help me… My profile picture is gone and I tried to upload a new one but it won’t let me!!! I lost my sparkle. :cry:

How can I spread my sparklies with a yucky old B??? (snort)

Thanks in advance!

Lauren (sparklepants)

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles: :sparkles::sparkles:

4 Likes

And now I can’t upload pictures at all. (stomping and pouting) Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help. Pretty please with sparklies on top???

2 Likes

Brad will look at it. In the meantime, try a dry-erase marker on your monitor? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I would use the dry-erase marker but it’s not sparkly… and it smudges easy. Sparklies have to last forever… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m having issues too. I tried to change my profile picture and I chose upload, it looked like it was uploading (goes from 0% to 100%) then it never appeared. Tried resizing to a much smaller size, tried editing to make it square, but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong? Perhaps its because I’ve only had 1 cup of coffee so far this morning.

I’ve been told it’s a glitch of some kind that they are working on. (pouting)

But I’ve been assured that @Lentesta and @daybreaker are hard at work… fixing this glitch so that we can once and for all rid ourselves of these bland, generic letter boxes in which we have been bestowed. It’s so hard for my pixies to be sparkly when they are contained in such a box. So please oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease with sparklies on top fix this so that my sparklies can once again reign down on forumland!!!

2 Likes

Dropping in to let yall know we havent forgotten about this. The forum software has a bug that the Discourse developers know about. Basically we use Amazon S3 for image storage, and theyve decided not to support that anymore. They have a fix for it, but right now we’re deciding whether to make the fix on our own, or switch over to a service where Discourse hosts the forum for us, so that all bug fixes will happen automatically. We’re running some numbers to decide which course of action to take.

So just hang tight a bit longer! If you want, a workaround for now is to use the “Gravatar” option. Gravatars are attached to an email address, and so any site that accepts gravatars (like this one, or Github.com, etc) will auto-detect your gravatar based on the email you signed up with.