Help! Lodging already sold out for early December?

The target time period is kinda of a triple witching hour for reservations.

1. Thanksgiving is late this year, so the first day or two are bumping up against the end of that holiday week.
  2. Rise of the Resistance opens on December 5th and that’s the date a lot of people have said would be their target date for going to SWGE.
  3. Pop Warner Football and Cheer & Dance Championships start on December 6th. Find an Event | ESPN Wide World of Sports

The Dolphin and the Swan have availability on Marriott.com https://www.marriott.com/search/findHotels.mi

2 Likes

Most intriguing.

This site is news to me. I can tell you that at least for my dates/resort in January it’s accurate.

I think it must be relatively new. Last time we rented points - about a year and a half ago - there wasn’t anything like it.

Also, I’ve seen a couple of the rental sites that have discounted existing reservations posted. I’m not sure those were there before, either.

Sorry to hijack the original post!

I just saw availability for 11/30 to 12/7 at all star movies for 2019 ( promise it was 2019). And NOW it’s gone for those dates :confused:

I thought I was too… LOL! Sorry about the confusion on my part. :crazy_face:

No worries!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the awesome information, insights, tips, and suggestions! There are actually 6 of us (I just tried 2 adults initially to simplify). All adults, so we need 3 separate bedrooms (no sleeper sofas). Our dates can’t be moved (meeting other family members who cleverly booked back in May), and we really want to stay at a Disney property this time (have done a Disney Springs hotel and airbnb house previously).

I will try splitting our reservation, checking out DVC rental sites, checking Dolphin and Swan, and calling Disney Reservation Center directly as you all suggested.

Does anyone know how far out unreserved rooms from blocks, are released?

I don’t know the answer to this question, but it did make me think to suggest trying MVT.

https://magicalvacationstravel.com/mvt/mvt-magical-deals/

1 Like

I know it was mentioned earlier, but I would definitely look into either the Disney springs area hotels or, since it’s 6 adults, renting a condo. Excellent value for the money usually.

Oddly, I have discovered that the biggest problem is just the one night of Wed, December 4. There is plenty of Disney availability for the 4 nights before that, and Coronado Springs has rooms for Thu and Fri. But nothing (in Value or Moderate) for Wed night.

So yeah, it looks like maybe the people leaving from Thanksgiving are overlapping with the people arriving for Rise of the Resistance, Pop Warner, and Cheer & Dance.

I suppose that makes sense since RotR opens on the 5th.

I’ve heard that the transport for the Disney Springs hotels is better than Disney transport. And there are offisite hotels that definitely are worth it…We love Wyndham Bonnet Creek, for instance and almost always exclusively stay there. This time we’re onsite due to SW:GE but it’s not the norm.

The cast member told me he thought the room block at WL was for families, not for the teams, who usually book up the values.

Shows Summit competition April 30-May 3, 2020

Shows D2 Summit competition dates May 8-10

I want to say the guy on the phone only mentioned something about a block from May 4-7 at WL, which would be smack dab in between these two. I had specifically asked, because I see that there are some renovations to club level rooms at WL, so I was curious about whether the lack of standard view availability meant that they were rolling out some kind of renovation in 2020. That does not seem to be the case, at least from the information I was given.

At any rate, even if you do a day by day analysis for standard view rooms, there is basically nothing from April 23 through May 13, which is when I was looking. There are club rooms, and courtyard view rooms. I found a five night stay with the nature view room, which is what I booked so we can see the fireworks. But since then even nature view are few and far between, except for the bunk rooms (both nature and courtyard) which there seem to be more availability.

Probably way more information about WL availability than you were looking for but there it is, and I couldn’t find the answer to any of my questions about availability elsewhere on the Internet. :grimacing:

Usually the first full week of december every year. It is cheer and pop warner week. They usually block rooms at the value resorts for them to book. The cheerleaders and football players dont neccesarily make a difference unless you are at the same hotel as them but this week has been steadily getting busier year after year.

2 Likes

Thank you
So much! I haven’t booked yet but noticed the supply is dwindling. I’m looking to go right before those competitions so maybe I’ll
Miss some crowds. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

We are going similar dates & availability has been scarce since we booked in April!