I do not understand how the TouringPlan application works. I picked 1 day at DCA to work with.
Prior to using the application I selected the attractions I am interested in and I prioritized them.
My list included RSR as priority 1, Toy Story Mania as priority 2, Soaring as priority 3 and then a repeat later in the day for RSR and Toy Story.
I entered the attractions in my priority order. I also entered Fastpass booth steps as applicable for those attractions that have FP.
I added a 3 h lunch break outside the park 1pm to 4pm. I check the box for “FP runner” and I optimized the plan.
- scheduled Soaring, then Monsters, followed by RSR
- removed all entries for FP booth except one for Toy Story, with a comment stating: “using a FP runner - remaining party skips this step”
- added Goofy’s Sky School to the list (I didn’t have it) w. a FP booth step and the actual ride
- removed the second ride for RSR that I had
- added a second round for Mater’s Junk Yard (that I didn’t ask for)
- ignored the 3h lunch/break time, scheduling 2 attractions between 2pm and 4pm.
I would love to use the application based on comments about its usefulness but I don’t understand how it works….
I also do not know how to go back to the version before “optimization”, to avoid having to start from scratch….
It did require a fair amount of work.
If someone who used it can explain how it works, it would be of great help.
Thanks in advance