Help! Fast pass early booking

I think I might be out of luck, but trying to see if there are any out of the box ideas.
My fast pass day is Tuesday, never was a problem before but now I have a work meeting I can’t miss, which starts, of course…right at 7am.
The room is with our DVC points. I was looking to expand our trip by a day to change the window to tomorrow morning, but there are no DVC rentals that day. Any other options? Or am I just going to have to scramble at 8:30 when it’s over?

Just book a 1 night stay anywhere on property, then your window will open tomorrow. Book your FPP for the days you were planning to be there (not the day of the 1 night reservation). Then cancel the 1 night reservation in a few days, all FPP will remain. If you book any for the day before your real trip, and then cancel that stay, those FPP with cancel. As long as you have valid tickets and a valid onsite stay for the days you make FPP for, you will be fine. This is a leading reservation, you can search that in the search box and see other posts. It works just fine, we have been booking FPP early for years.

1 Like

Would you trust any of your travel party to book them instead? Or even just get your hard to get ones and fill in the rest later?

Failing that, if you’re willing, I’d be happy to help you out with booking them. I’ve done it for a liner before who was on a flight over the FPP release time.

3 Likes

Thanks! I did see that, but will that be able to be linked with my DVC reservation? Or will I have to call them and have them link them together?

1 Like

No need to link. We do split stays every single trip (often with onsite booking paid with cash, and a DVC points rental), As long as the checkout day of stay 1 is the same day as the check in for your DVC rental, it will open automatically.

1 Like

I guess I could TECHNICALLY trust my husband with FPP duty, but he will be at work already anyway and my daughter is only 4, so I think she’s out of commission too.

1 Like

That is really nice of you to offer, thank you. I may take you up on that if I can’t figure a way out, at least to try to get a shot at MMRR.

1 Like

Depending on your work environment - could you take five minutes or delay just a few minutes to grab headliners?

I thought about just going in late, but I know me and I will keep trying to get the rest of them and miss half the meeting - probably not worth risking it because then there will be no way to pay for said Disney trip without a job, hehe.
I think I’m going to try to do the extra hotel day this one time and blame work for adding on a last minute mandatory meeting.
I feel like it’s not the most honest thing, but I planned to have the morning open when booking the trip.

1 Like

Good to hear that this still works. I thought maybe this loophole was closed as well. I’m not trying to game the system, but planning to book FPP for our trip at 60 days and then get the cheapest flights we can at 50-40 days out (when I have seen best rates for our airport) so I have 2 one-night stays booked the two nights before our stay when we have tickets linked in case it’s cheaper to fly in earlier (I’d rather spend my extra $ at Disney than getting to Disney). I was worried about booking FPP at 60-2 and then having to cancel that earlier 1 night Ressie. Good to know that it should be fine if it has to be canceled.

1 Like