Headed to WDW starting tomorrow! Disney Springs question

We are starting our journey tomorrow from MD and DRIVING down to Jacksonville, and then on Saturday arriving at our condo for check-in around 4 pm. Because we have some lingering issues with MDE and our family (Pro tip–do not buy a ticket under one name, and then make a park reservation for a park using a slightly different name–this happened with my brother and although we confirmed he has a park reservation thank goodness I still can’t see him in my planning party b/c of the name issue) and because we need to pick up a physical ticket for my under 10 DS since he only has an e-ticket, I figured we should probably try to stop by Guest Relations at DS instead of attempting all this on Sunday at MK (first day in the parks). We hope to get to lego store if there isn’t a crazy line. Anybody else have things they like to eat/do in DS? I figured it would be nice to have lunch there, but we don’t have any ADR.

2 Likes

Deluxe Burger is QS, you can MO and sit and eat by the water. There is a walk-up window at Homecoming. Polite Pig is also walk-up and dine. I’m sure there are other places that don’t require ADRs. And… there’s a lot of very crowded shopping.

1 Like

I echo the recommendations above. And also encourage you to stop at restaurants that do take ADRs if you’re interested in anything in particular (Homecomin :drooling_face: ) to see if they can take you as a walk-up.

2 Likes

I am hearing reports that deluxe burger changed their burgers recently.

Open Table works for Disney Springs restaurants as well. Not all of them are on there but a fair amount are including Edison, Raglan, Terralina, etc. and they can have pretty last minute availability (or at least I was able to book an Open Table res same day for dinner in January).

Can you get the deviled eggs at the walk up window at Homecomin?

1 Like

I have no clue, I’ve not used the walk-up window, but I think they have the regular menu at that window.

OK, thanks. Going to have to check it out next month.

1 Like

Well then, you’ll have to let the rest of us know :wink:

1 Like

I will

2 Likes

I did something similar a couple years ago, where I had to activate my annual pass, so I headed to DS the day before our first park day.

Anyhow, people already made some good food recommendations. If you want something quick and “cheap”, I’d also recommend Earl of Sandwich. Lots of snacking options throughout DS as well.

As far as things to do, our family has always enjoyed the ambiance of just being in Disney Springs…particularly after dark. Also, you’ll often find live music in various places of various styles.

Stopping into World of Disney, of course, is a must-do. Great way to get the Disney vibe juices flowing, seeing all that overly-priced Disney merch! :wink: But seriously, we love just browsing.

There is a Star Wars store…a bit small, but easier to browse sometimes than when you actually get into HS.

1 Like

I highly recommend the mobile checkout feature in MDE for World of Disney. We checked out with no wait, just the time it took for me to wrap up the picture frame I bought. Meanwhile the line for the actual checkout was like 40 people deep.

2 Likes

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do they change good things?!

1 Like

Having not been to Disney springs, we are planning on spending a decent amount of time there this year. Are there typically long lines to get into the stores like World of Disney and the Lego store? Those along with the Christmas store were our favorites from the Downtown Disney days…

It might have been the Dis dining show ? It was not a good review.

1 Like

President’s week we went to dinner twice at DS (Morimoto and WBG) there were no lines to get into any stores.

1 Like

We were at Deluxe burger for first time last month and they were good. GiNorMous but good

I tend to skip those unfortunately. I do mostly audio with them and the dining show as audio often has way too much background noise and is just not enjoyable. If I have time on my weekend to watch the video on youtube I’ll sometimes do that

1 Like

AGREED mobile checkout was the best.

2 Likes

I highly recommend the mobile checkout feature in MDE for World of Disney. We checked out with no wait, just the time it took for me to wrap up the picture frame I bought. Meanwhile the line for the actual checkout was like 40 people deep.

Good to know. If it isn’t horrible in that store maybe we will stop by (I’m sure the kids will insist). Maybe we can get our disney shopping over and done with first so there isn’t a temptation to go into every store in the parks. They each have gift cards though so to keep on budget we may just have to use the line! Unless at mobile checkout you can just use a gift card #?

1 Like