Headed to FLOWER & GARDEN MARCH 2021 - ANY SUGGESTIONS NEVER BEEN?

4 Likes

Enjoy! Get the Food and Wine app on your phone (it’s called the Food & Wine app, but it does all the festivals). It’s quite helpful for researching the foods you want to try.

1 Like

Here is the link: WDW Food&Wine — Small World Code, LLC

1 Like

I went in May 2019 and it was great. The only down side was the heat. If I had it to do over I would have gone in March. I loved the frushi and the fried green tomatoes with mozzarella and balsamic vinegar.

3 Likes

Oooo! I want to go, too!

Plan extra, extra time at Epcot. There are so many “stop and smell the roses” moments: topiaries, demonstrations type things, unique shopping. It’s so beautiful and full of life that time of year! Its our fav time to go (so far, trying Christmas for the first time in a few days!)

1 Like

Great suggestions. Love that app!

1 Like

Good to know. We will be at Flower and Garden in early April 2021. Making up for cancelling our trip during Festival of the Holidays starting next week.:frowning_face::sob::disappointed:

Definitely RD it. You can go on your RD rides, but set in some time early in the morning, if you can, for photos and enjoying the reasonably empty park in the early sunlight. Then, later in the afternoon, you might want to hit up a few of those same photo stops for the different light.

Walk around to the side of things like Test Track to see some of the displays off the beaten track.

Also, don’t forget to set aside a few minutes to see the butterfly display, if they have it. Tip: My mom wore a white blouse once and kept attracting a few of the butterflies to sit on her shoulder. We were told they are attracted to the white. Not sure if it’s true, but maybe do a little butterfly research before you go and you might get a meet and greet from a real live butterfly.

3 Likes

Oh, how sad!

I forgot about the butterfly tent! That was so fun!

1 Like

I was supposed to go in April 2020 :sob:

1 Like

We had to cancel our May 2020 trip and I’m determined to make it for Flower & Garden in 2021.

4 Likes
1 Like

Glad they are extending it next year after it only made it like 12 days this year before the shutdown. Might be cutting it close for plants to stay safe as temps get back into the 90’s daily at that point, but good to see more people will get to enjoy it than usual.

Yeah, isn’t it a whole extra month now? I’m looking forward to all the colors and creativity. Hope to be there March 4th.