HEA dessert party

My son will turn 12 while at Disney. Surprisingly, he wants to be at MK on his bday. He’s narrowed his dinner choices to Liberty Tree, Tony’s or The Plaza based strictly on menus and pics. What would Liners rec?
Also, thinking abt HEA dessert party to complete his bday. He said seeing fireworks on the castle are what he imagines when he thinks of Disney. Is it worth it? Yay or nay? He doesn’t know this is an option, would be a surprise. TIA!

1 Like

The desert party isn’t necessarily the best viewing spot for the show, but the comfort of not having to stake a claim on a prime location and trying to hang on to it was worth it to me. One thing that you may not have considered is that the party location does provide one of the best places to see Tinkerbell’s flight from the Magic Castle.

1 Like

I actually think the garden view dessert view is a very good spot to see the fireworks from. If you are going to the dessert party I would eat a late lunch/ early dinner. I prefer lunch at liberty tree and I would stay away from Tony’s.

2 Likes

We need to be clear here. There are two options for the HEA dessert party. Both start at the Tomorrowland Terrace. One stays there and you watch the fireworks seated at your table, another moves on to the Plaza Gardens.

The Plaza Gardens party is cheaper and — in my view — has a vastly superior view. It’s about the best view of the fireworks you could reasonably hope to have. And entirely stress-free. No stalking out a spot and defending it as the crowds build.

I totally recommend it.

6 Likes

I would go with Liberty Tree if it were me. My husband loves Tony’s, I am not a fan whatsoever.

As for the Dessert Party - my mom last week told me she wanted to see Illiminations. I looked at our plans and said no problem, we can easily do that on our Epcot day. Then on Easter, she asked if she’d need another day of tickets to see Illiminations. I told her no, we’re all set, she has a ticket for Epcot. Then she says ‘those are at Epcot? I could have sworn I saw projections on the castle’. To which I quickly said, ‘No, that’s Happily Ever After’. And then I ran to grab my iPad to look and see if the Dessert Party with Garden Viewing was available - because I won’t see them any other way! The view is amazing and I am very crowd averse and I watch the folks around us grabbing spots over an hour early and those who don’t are squished ‘behind the line’ in the Hub. We enjoyed a spot with plenty of open space and I took pictures until my heart was content. I totally recommend it.

3 Likes

LTT. Tony’s is bad, and the Plaza is mainly sandwiches which wouldn’t feel very special to me.

1 Like

I think the HEA Dessert Party is a great idea for a birthday celebration. It’s a perfect way to finish up a special day in MK and the enclosed viewing area has an exclusive feel to it.

And as others have said, I think the view from the garden is perfect. Highly recommended!

3 Likes

Since dinner or dessert party will be POO, we’ve decided to ditch dinner reservations, eat a later lunch & do the dessert party.
Now, should we go ahead and book dessert party or wait until FD drops & we get that settled?

1 Like

Book immediately. I would. I get paranoid that things will run out. You get a five day cancellation period.

2 Likes

Is that cancelling 5 days from booking or 5 days before the date of the party?

From the date of the party.

1 Like

I called & booked the dessert party today!! The CM told me it had a 5 day cancellation policy.

1 Like

We just went last week. Garden view. Totally worth it. We loved the desserts. We loved the view from the plaza. We loved every minute of the experience. Your family will love it.

6 Likes