HEA dessert party price increase

Yes, I must admit I thought that, too.

But then it’s an odd policy change to the pricing. Or is it a clever way to mask an increase? Some of the increase is the tax, but there’s still a decent chunk of extra in there, too.

2 Likes

The after fireworks dessert DID increase by $20! Went from $69 to $89 per adult. This is the one we have done and preferred over the before fireworks party, but now probably won’t do either. :confused:

It’s probably like a managed toll lane. If demand is high, the price goes up to limit demand. In other words, if capacity is 200 people, they will raise the price until the reservation requests are within range of the 200.

…and, of course, $$$$

1 Like

You are right:

Pricing

• Now through January 31, 2020: $69 per adult (ages 10 and up); $41 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
  • Starting February 1, 2020: $89 per adult (ages 10 and up); $53 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
  • Gratuity not included or required
  • Separate Magic Kingdom park admission required

Funny. I had a really crowded after party viewing experience in February.

We went in July, and there was hardly anyone there - it was great! The viewing area seemed really crowded - more crowded than when we went in 2018 - but the party room was not even half full and lots of empty tables when we went to get our desserts. We were the only ones there close to 10:00.

Yes, the dessert area was much less crowded! I don’t know if I will pay more of it?

This is really a debate at the moment - we love the virtually stress free situation of not having to worry about a viewing spot for HEA, and the dessert party was always rather fun and had a nice “VIP” feel to it. DS loves it (but he’s 10…:smile:) The thought of having to stake out a spot in the “hub” somewhere so long before the actual show is nerve wracking! And, to book it, you have to pay for it up front. If it could just be reserved like a regular ADR I wouldn’t hesitate to book and then if the extra funds weren’t there come vacation time, I could cancel. This way, though, they have you since you to prepay.

I used to do the Terrace Party years ago. I don’t know if I will pay for the after party again and take a chance if those crowds (doesn’t always happen but when it does…) or just pay the extra $10 for a seat.

I’ve done the PG party at least three times, preferring the after party as the eating portion of the proceedings is vastly less crowded and there’s no stress about finishing the food and staking out a spot in the PG.

This summer I tried the TT party. Although the view is definitely not as good, it was a much more relaxed, much less stressful experience. Once you have your table, you have it for the duration. You can eat during the show. The table I had was right at the railing so there was no question of anyone blocking my view at the last minute, which happened in the PG a couple of times. Nor was there any waiting around. You really need to be in the PG at least 30-45 mins before showtime. But with TT you’re not waiting, you’re eating right up to the start of the show. (And during it, if you wish.)

2 Likes

You can still cancel it for a refund. It’s not like the parties or after hour events where you shell out the money and it’s gone no matter what…

2 Likes

How soon ahead of time do folks usually book these? Is it like a hard-to-get ADR where we’ve gotta be decided 180 days out? Can we wait until a week or so before the trip?

Honestly I think it just depends on crowds for when you are there. This last July we were able to switch the before fireworks party to the after fireworks dessert party on 5 days’ notice. However, if you know that you want to do this and which night I would book ASAP to be safe.

How did I miss that this was added:

Beginning February 1, 2020, Guests ages 21 and over can also choose from a fine selection of beer and wine.

I was just about to post this. I mentioned to a CM at Crystal Palace last week how surprised I was that the MK parties still don’t included adult beverages now that you can buy them in MK, and she said “Oh, it’s coming early next year. I think they’re already selling them.”

1 Like

The price increase actually makes sense!

That’s a lot of kids still and for ”adults” under 21. Wonder if it’s just one drink.

Looks like beer and wine is just for the after dessert party and the terrace seating. Not the before dessert party. Seems like they are trying to make the before party for families and the other options for adults. Interesting for sure.

1 Like

None of the other parties limit guests to one drink but I guess we will have to wait until February to know.

I agree, it also explains the difference in price between the before and after party.

Yes! Good point.