HDMI access in rooms?

I was just thinking this morning as to whether I wanted to bring my Chromecast with me on the trip. But, I then realized I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to access the inputs to connect it, or be able to change the input source on the television. Has anyone done this? It’s not a big deal, but if I know ahead of time that it can’t be done, then I won’t bother bringing it.

For specific purposes, I am staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House. But, if you answer in general about other resorts, that could help others too.

I’m fairly certain all the TVs at WDW now have HDMI inputs. They’ve gone to flat panels at all the resorts & I believe the HDMI ports are accessible. I’m 90% sure it would work, but…I’ve never done it myself.

1 Like

I know they will have flat panels that should have HDMI inputs, but I am wondering if I will be able to get to it, or if they have the televisions secured in such a way that I won’t be able to. I am probably at the same 90% that this should be possible. But I have been wrong about this before when I got to a hotel that I was expecting to be able to hook up, and there actually was no way to.

The tv’s at AKL were not secured that I recall. I believe it was in an armoire type thing. I would guess they def have accessible HDMI inputs. As to being able to change that input I couldn’t tell you. We rarely even turn the tv on. Good thing with chrome cast is that it’s so small it’s not really any hassle to bring it along just in case.

1 Like

I think our TV at WL had HDMI port(s). They’re not secured either, in an armoire type of thing and we were able to swivel it.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I am not sure if I will even need it, we don’t spend much time in the room either. Also, the thing I use my chromecast for the most is watching ride and walk throughs from YouTube. And that would be kind of redundant when I am there.

I stayed at All Star Sports last November and was able to access HDMI ports.

1 Like

At Grand Floridian right now and have been using Amazon Fire Stick on HDMI.

2 Likes

Just to wrap this up. I eventually decided I wouldn’t need it and left it home. However, not only was there access, there was actually a separate routing box on the entertainment stand that allowed for an HDMI input as well as RCA jacks. So, I could have very easily had access.

2 Likes