Having trouble deciding how many days to spend in each park, feel like I'm going round in circles

You can also look at all the menus on Touring Plans.

1 Like

Nice problems to have. Donā€™t get too crazy. Poly is a great hotel. Remember that time of year might be a little cool for swimming. Also, hotels are decorated for Christmas. Might be nice to do tour of some of resorts. Are your DDā€™s roller coaster/ thrill ride types. Might determine day and amount of time at HS.you can see fireworks from Poly beach and maybe do a Famtamic dinner package. I would do early EMH whenever I could, but Iā€™m an early riser. Whatever you decide will be the right choice. Iā€™m learning Disney is less about what you do, but who you do it with.

1 Like

Pools are heated so depending on the days outside then it may not be too bad :slight_smile: We went in Feb. I didnā€™t get in pool but hot tub was AWESOME :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely problems to have. Am hoping to have lunch at the Contemporary one day, and dinner at Park Fare. HS is tricky, hard to know when to book an ADR. Thereā€™s so many shows, and the times will probably all change. We arenā€™t thrill ride types, girls have only been on little ones, which my eldest loved and youngest hated. I imagine we will split up a bit so DH can skip the likes of Frozen sing along & Disney Jn, but heā€™d prefer to see the exhibits than do Aerosmith. I was considering a Fantasmic DP, but as the seating is in the middle, I think we would prefer to queue and sit near an exit. A week ago I would have said my youngest is always up with the sun, however the last week she has been sleeping in till 8am. We will do RD everyday bar a couple, though DH isnā€™t going to happy about getting up at 6:30am while on holiday.

What time do you need to arrive at a park if youā€™re going to morning EMH please?

That is a LOT of smiles.

And this is coming from someone who totally overuses them :smiley: :smiley:

EP just makes me smile but you stand and watch it.
Fantasmic is a show so you get to sit down.
I would go to Fantasmic remembering that rain/wind will cancel the show.
Which ever you do you will have a great time and remember no one knows what they may or may not be missing :wink:

IMHO depends on the crowd level and which park and what you want to ride.
30 mins on a 10 day for no EMH was enough to get us 10 from the front at MK RD and then in the first 5 people riding Splash Mountain.
But we walk fast and know where we are going.

CL2 the echos will be fabulous :slight_smile:

Thank you.
When do we need to arrive at the Park to avoid standing in the middle of a very large crowd please?
HS CL5 EMH 8am Jedi sign up & TSMM by 9am.
AK CL8 8am not sure but probably Safari.
AK CL9 EMH 7am.
MK CL9 EMH 7am.
Hoping to get a pre rope drop ADR in MK & EP, use EMHā€™s 3 mornings, 2 lie inā€™s and 1RD. With scope for one more lie in if everyone is tired.

Normally I would say at the least 30 mins early but they have been known to start early.

I love smiles :). I also LOVE Disney! My hubby tells me I should have married Mickey instead if him :). If I could go anywhere it would be to Disney. I just live the Magic that you feel when you are there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

While I like this schedule, I would NEVER skip WS! It is my favorite part of WDW, and my grandsons have loved it since they were toddlers. There is so much to see and do here, but you have to walk into each pavilion and take your time. Also, while AK seems like a one-day park on the surface, there are so many hidden gems that you could certainly spend at least a day and a half, maybe two days. The Maharajah Jungle Trek is delightful, as are many of the trailsā€¦we loved watching the vampire bats feed their babies. The good thing is you have 8 days, so you can take your time and really see and enjoy things.

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry we arenā€™t planning on skipping WS, will probably pencil in about 6-8 hrs there. Current plan is to make sure we have time for Mexico, Norway, China & Japan, and then see what we have time for. I agree about AK, could easily spend a week there, but when the kids are comparing it to MK, I imagine it will come up short. Thank you.

I would not be switching hotels for 1 night if I could help it especially at the end of a trip unless you think you will be done with the parks at that point. Too much time. Iā€™ve done a split stay of 3 and 4 nights and that was fine but 7 and 1 - I wouldnā€™t be signing up for that unless it was for some super upgrade like a fireworks room view at the CR.

1 Like

Overall I agree with Duffy - my one caveat would be if this is your only trip to DIS that you foresee, it may be worth it to see and experience AKL. If you think youā€™ll be back in the next 3-5 years, Iā€™d just stick at the Poly and enjoy. Look to book that next trip at AKLā€¦

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™m still undecided. We probably wonā€™t be back for at least 5 years, maybe 10.

Thatā€™s what so many of us said before our first tripsā€¦

:joy:

1 Like

True, you never know.