Have touring plans lost their edge?

Nope :cry:

Thatā€™s right - itā€™s Brandon and Lisa (Loeb)

4 Likes

This is spot on and will depend on your travelling group so much. Iā€™m firmly in the first camp. Itā€™s the ā€œat onceā€ of a wait thatā€™s more important to me than the overall waiting over the course of the day - Iā€™m massively intolerant of doing anything I donā€™t want to do for more than 25 minutes in a row.

As Iā€™ve said before I wish TP allowed you to set a Wait Tolerance in their plans.

6 Likes

I like that idea! My family def has a max.

2 Likes

I disagree with you here. This has very little to do with Covid or adapting, this has to do with conscious choices for profit over guest experience by Chapek and others at the top. Nickel and diming people at every turn while taking away more and more value. No more magical express, no more free magic bands, no more free Fastpass, having to stare at your phone all day while on vacation, having to get up at 6-am every day 2 hour long lines, overcrowding everywhere.

Should we ā€œgive them timeā€ to scrap paid Genie+ and on top of that another $15 to have any chance of riding RoTR? I canā€™t see that happening. We are done too. I love the idea of what Disney was and appreciate you still wanting to support them. I felt Uncle Walt was speaking to me every Sunday night on Wonderful World of Color. Iā€™ve spent many days at Disney World and Disney Land. But it has no ā€œmagicā€ anymore other that the beauty of the parks, a few attractions, and wonderful cast members. The experience as a whole is just not worth it anymore, for all of us anyway.

1 Like

I was discussing touring plans and TouringPlans. Thatā€™s who ā€œthemā€ is.

I have plenty of gripes with Chapek and Dā€™Amaro

Sorry you misread my meaning.

1 Like

Lol, sorry! I couldnā€™t have misread you more :wink: I agree that the statisticians at TP have science to figure this out.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I previously used TP touring plans for, too. With the Fastpass times plugged in, I was able to formulate a general plan of attack and just go from there.

But with Genie+ and ILL times not being attained until day of and on a rolling basis (for the former), I have a much less clear idea of what ride order to go in. I have my previous years of touring to help but I still feel so much more bewildered about my my plans. Iā€™m not really a fan of optimizing throughout the day.

8 Likes

Just popping in to agree what most have said. TPs are great to plan the day. I have always added in breaks/ slowest pace. I ised a TP in Dec 2020 and although the wait times werenā€™t perfectly correct, TP showed me when it was the best time in the day to do certain rides that have the longest lines, then I planned the rest of the activities around that. Worked well. I donā€™t expect TPs to be exceptionally accurate right now, how can they be? Weā€™re in strange times peopleā€¦ strange times.

1 Like

This is how I use it as well. But also I forget stuff (like I really want to buy a massive pickle) so I put it in the plan and print it out so when I am checking in with my printout, I see the note about the pickle and remember.

2 Likes