Hotel M18

Ah. Very good. As long as you understand the rules.

I am now entitled to a view like this one, according to TP room finder:

6 Likes

Wow! For that cost it’s definitely worth it. It was £16 per night at POFQ where you don’t even get a balcony (with free dining).

I think this is an interesting question.

I’ve paid premiums for views in the past and often you walk in the room for the first time, admire the view, think “wow, that’s amazing”, and then never look out of the window again for the entire trip.

But there is a psychological benefit to having a nice view, even if you only enjoy it for two minutes a day.

2 Likes

I would say the view is pretty important to me. DH always makes fun that I rarely stay in the first hotel room we’re assigned (though oddly enough I didn’t move on either of our Disney trips). I completely agree that there’s a psychological benefit to having a nice view!

That said on our recent trip to WL I booked a standard view because we got such a good rate. Though I was a bit worried about having a room overlooking a dumpster, I decided that the money saved was worth it so I went into that trip ready to have a not great view, and I was ok with that.

It was all a moot point because we ended up getting upgraded to a nature view, so I can’t say how I would’ve felt if we had actually ended up with a dumpster view.:laughing:

1 Like

I don’t think we opened our blinds once last trip, but of course no balcony at mods so we saw our (standard but pretty) view every time we left or returned to the room.

I think that’s a bargain for that view.

1 Like

By the way, this was my first serious thread about my 2019 trip. It’s 395 days away. And I’m already checking out hotel rooms.

But most of all, I feel sorry for you guys. You’ve got another 394 days worth of this kind of stuff coming your way.

6 Likes

Bring it on! Can’t wait to follow all your posts for next trip!

1 Like

The view is less important to me that the light level. On our trip to california later this year, we stop off in London for a night. The hotel I found gives you money off if you are willing to stay in a room with no window at all. For me this is a win-win: money saved and I don’t have to worry about insufficient curtains keeping me from sleeping. If I could find a list of Disney rooms by how much sunlight/how close to resort lights they were I would be one happy camper. Got to have my pitch black room

1 Like

I was just thinking this afternoon that, while you think you were being neurotic and posting craziness, most of your posts are great conversation starters and lead to link the threads where lots of information and opinions are exchanged in quite a friendly manner. Hence, I nominate you for liner of the century

7 Likes

Seconded!

I won’t lie—I am pretty delighted that you’re going again next year, if only so I get to follow along with your planning and live vicariously through you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aww! You guys!

:heart:

3 Likes

I fully expect that after next year’s trip, he’ll plan another in early 2020 that involves staying in a DVC rental at Bay Lake Tower so that he can report back here for my personal benefit and offer individualized tips. In fact, I think we should all just plan a trip FOR him (financed by his accountant of course) where we all throw in the things we’re most curious about. He’ll experience them and report back so that the rest of us can have even BETTER trips to WDW.

3 Likes

I have not even booked my 2019 holiday and I am already checking out hotel rooms. All part of the fun

1 Like