Have I been doing Disney all wrong?

“Grazing around the world” at Epcot is a major priority with my family. They just reached a consensus to convert our 3rd park pass day at HS into a 3rd park pass at Epcot instead. They’d rather risk not riding RotR than risk missing out an extra day grazing at Epcot! And this with having never been to one of the festivals, and it will be F&G when we’re there! So excited!

With 4 kids that are very pro-sharing, we get several snacks to try and then circle back for extras of our favorites. Things that are “meh” are usually gone after 2 bites each so no waste and plenty of room for alternatives.

3 Likes

My favorite vacation meal is an appetizer, a dessert, and a beautiful cocktail. :poultry_leg::cake::tropical_drink:

We are also DLR peeps and TS was not on our agenda. We went to WDW in August last year, and I did book some TS mostly as a heat break.

5 Likes

My body is super regimented to the point you can set a clock by it. I’m such a creature of habit. Or predictable. Same difference. Breakfast by 7am, lunch at noon, dinner between 6 & 7. No matter how much I eat between meals, I have to eat the meals as well. At those times — don’t make me wait until 1 for lunch! And they have to be proper meals, not an EP food booth offering. It drives DH bonkers when we’re at Disney because he eats all of one meal a day normally. 3 meals and multiple snacks a day is too much for him.

5 Likes

I agree! I like to spend as little time a possible eating. I go to be entertained, not fed. I also admit I’m not a foodie.

3 Likes

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one with this issue. My DD9 eats cheese, chicken nuggets, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, and that is about it. She will eat veggies ok, and will eat apples and bananas.

I feel like I am going to send her into the world unprepared if she can’t eat more things, but I am with you on picking battles, and she is such a good hearted person that I am choosing to not make a bigger deal about the food stuff

2 Likes

She must be my DS’s kindred spirit with her main courses. He also eats a lot of PB&J sandwiches. Drives me crazy leaving the container on the counter all the time!

3 Likes

My dad banned grape jelly from the house. Admittedly he found grape jelly on the TV remote.
He thought it was funny when he got a giant jar of grape jelly for my first apartment. He was annoyed that I was pleased.

4 Likes

:joy: that’s great. I used to find gum stuck to weird places and it was banned for a couple of years when they were in elementary.

And it’s funny how nobody knew how the gum ever got there.

3 Likes

This is my (and @Keith718’s) idea of heaven. Geyser Point is SO lovely. The nicest place to end your Disney day.

I think for us the right balance is one ADR and the rest small meals/snacks/grazing. Too many sit-down meals and we feel like we’re missing out on park time, and also it’s just too much food.

5 Likes

Since there’s no dining plan right now, it’s not even a consideration for us, but normally we go back and forth on if we want it or not.

We really like the experience of dining—but the idea of snacking is also interesting. We’re going to try to combine the two with a 5pm ish ADR at Brown Derby where we’ll have a cocktail and share an app, then go to a real dinner at 9:30p! (We’re in central time zone, so it’ll be like 8:30 for us, which isn’t out of line.) Anyway, I think more of a snack-sized meal at a TS is the perfect park break for us. It’s interesting to see how different everyone is!

1 Like

Hence the myriad of options. But I always find all the options frustrating becuz I’m the type that wants to try it all. It’s hard for me to walk away from a choice! LOL

2 Likes