Have FOP FP for tomorrow, need better time

We did it twice! I never did get a better FP, and I didn’t see any drops at any time during the day, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Anyway, RD wasn’t too bad, but we were there much earlier than we thought we’d be (7:40am) and we were done FOP at 9:15… in time for a 45 min wait at Navi, lol.

Thanks for all your advice. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am glad things worked out for you! We never ended up riding Navi. I got a 4th FPP for it but I was able to modify it to FOP. Since I already knew I loved FOP and other people have told me there is nothing special about Navi, I was excited to grab it for a second ride. Once is not enough for FOP!

1 Like

We did enjoy Navi, but I guess it’s not for everyone. I would say it’s like a Pirates or Small World, as it’s a boat ride. The scenes are beautiful, but, yeah, given the choice of FOP, it’s a no-brainer.

I have to say, there was one heartbroken little girl with a large bow in her hair in front of us that was just a quarter of an inch too small. The family had hoped the bow would do the trick, but the CM just pushed it aside. So, if you have little ones, RDing Navi makes a lot of sense.

We’ve got three SDFP for FoP this trip. Only failed on one attempt. So I’d say the odds are good. Just set an alarm for the two minutes before the drops and get modifying your existing FP.
Navi was walk on at the end of every day if you’re staying late. Even in really busy days. It’s great to finish AK like that.

4 Likes

@SimonUK I’ve been thinking about your family! Hope this trip is a blast!!!

1 Like

yea…i like the idea of trying for a better time, but once there i dont want to spend a lot of time on my phone

2 Likes

We’re having a great time, thank you!
Will do a trip report when things get a bit quieter. Still got a week left at Disney before Universal and SeaWorld take over!

2 Likes

good to know

I tried at the appointed drop times and nothing came. There were no drops. We made the best of it.

I agree, @bethro23, I found having to always check my phone (with their stupid spotty wifi) to be a big distraction from my family and from the experience. I loved having the ability to do all that I could do, but I spent way too much time with my head in my phone. DH, who’s usually answering his own emails, even commented on how much time I was spending between the TP app, the WDW app and the darn settings, trying to get wifi.

For our AK day, I sucked it up and paid the $7 for roaming, but even so, I found I didn’t always have the service I’m used to having at home.

1 Like

SDFPs are only around for a minute or two so it’s not a problem. Better a few minutes on a phone than unnecessary hours in lines.

2 Likes

yea…wasn’t criticizing for being on phone…i just don’t have the patience. …hope it works for you

Glad to hear you’re having a great time! How many people are in your group? I’ve got a late FPP for FOP after we’ve rope dropped the park so would love to get it earlier in the afternoon for our group of 5…

5 of us too

1 Like

I never had any luck getting hard-to-get FP through refreshing when we were at the parks last week. I tried for FOP, Frozen (for two days!), and SDD and never once saw any of them come up. I must not have had the mojo!

1 Like

Are drop times posted somewhere for rides other than FoP?

The most recent info I have is from a forum post by PrincipalTinker.

Edited to add: It’s worth reading the subsequent posts on that thread - I just read them myself and learned a few things.

I don’t think they’re guaranteed, though. I was checking for FOP this past Wed and found nothing. I started checking 2 mins before and kept it up for several minutes. If there was a drop, it didn’t reach me.

1 Like

That’s good to know. I wonder if they changed the timing, or just didn’t do a drop (ex. because FOP wait times were too long for some reason). Thanks for the real-time update!

Thank you.

Someone mentioned on liner chat FoP dropping at 8 minutes past the hour these last few days. Might be worth trying. I got SDFPs for it successfully on every attempt until this week.

2 Likes