Has the outrage started yet?

I agree 500 seems way too low & it may be idle Twitter speculation instead of any valid data. Highest estimate I saw was 3000 which is still way lower than a Halloween/Xmas party. 500 would only be $75K in revenue. But at $20 an hour including overhead to pay each CM, you could pay over 500 CMs to stay that extra 3 hours and still have > 50% margins. If you’re only keeping open some of the rides that seems plausible. 'Course $30-40K is a rounding error for DIS on a given day I’d imagine so I’m not sure the exact motivation, but if you did 1 or 2 per week that were sold out, it becomes real money.

My guess is this is a test to see if there’s a market and it could become a regular thing if they sell well. Although during party season it may not happen due to the already restricted hours. Will be interesting on how it plays out…

1 Like

Yes, I can. Plus I can fill my cooler?

2 Likes

Someone else pointed out that the families with younger kids wouldn’t be using this particular event. Maybe it’s Disney’s way of offering a relatively child free experience to those who would be willing to pay for such a thing?

1 Like

Just my 2 cents…
Disney won’t get rid of daily EMH. It would be a PR nightmare.
When you factor in the cost of a daily ticket, plus the cost of the snacks they will be offering, it COULD be a good value to certain people.
Also, getting in at 7 allows you to see the MSEP and Wishes.
I might consider it. It would be a good option for an arrival day, only if the crowds are way lower than even party days though!!!

1 Like

I agree with those who have suggested it’s aimed at locals who don’t have an AP, and Universal/Seaworld guests who would be interested in an evening only ticket available all year round. Will be interesting to see how much the other ticket events go up in price this year.

1 Like

even made msn - MSN

Per the article “The one downside to the event is that it will limit the operating hours for regular ticketholders, who are usually able to stay in the park until midnight and will instead have to exit an hour earlier.” I am sure you will not get a discount on your ticket if this occurs

1 Like

You are one smart person. The $150 is definitely not worth it to me. I’m not a night person. I would much rather book a hotel room and get to the park early the next day. That sounds like a lot more fun to me.

I couldn’t get a 7DMT FPP for my November trip. I did the MVMCP and was happy that I did not have to wait long for the ride. The cookies were not worth the empty calories to eat a second one. I would only go again if I would be traveling with someone who hasn’t attended and wants to do so.

I would try MNSSHP and from the photos I have seen I could haul enough chocolate to justify the cost. If it doubles I would question that.

I will be back April 24 and April 25 and am hoping to see Rivers of Light. Information is limited except for it will be running April 22. Extended park hours have not been announced yet. What are they waiting for.

I just read an article that this has been a HUGE disaster for WDW and they are discontinuing it. Glad people didn’t BUY into it!!!

Where did you see article.

Just found this article. I does seem that After Hours is doomed.

As well it should be.