Has anyone flown out of Orlando Sanford airport recently?

Our return flight is on hold, waiting to see if the magical unicorn of a flight after 6am for under $200 should appear.

One has! It’s a non-stop at noon and it’s cheap (even with paying for carryons it’s still $30 less than the 6am flight with a connection)… the catch is that it’s on Allegiant, which flies in and out of smaller airports, including Sanford. Anyone here done that in the post-covid times? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? It flies into Flint airport instead of Detroit, but that’s weirdly convenient because that’s near where I’d usually be meeting my niece’s parents to drop her off since they live north of there.

1 Like

I’ve honestly never heard anyone say anything bad about the airport. Most complainst are about lack of services (like rental cars) and of flights being cancelled which is an airline issue and not an airport issue. If it’s cheaper and convenient I would say go for it. Only caveat is if you absolutely had to be home on that flight and the worst case scenario happened. That’s a risk you run with most budget airlines though.

1 Like

That’s the other catch… they don’t fly every day, so if the flight got canceled we’d up a creek.

1 Like

Yeah that’s really the riskand also why I don’t fly the budget carriers very often.

1 Like

Solo this wouldn’t be too bad. With others I wouldn’t risk it myself

1 Like