Has anyone been to WDW MK on July 4th?

Has anyone been to WDW MK on July 4th?

Any Tips on how to enjoy WDW Magic Kingdom on July 4, 2018?

I have never been on July 4th, and I really want to enjoy the nightly fireworks. That is main goal. I will be by myself using my own mobility scooter. Not that it makes a difference, but I try not to use the handicap area even though it will only be myself

I know that I would have to find a space very early before the fireworks and I was thinking about standing behind one of those fences that surround the grassy area if that is allowed.

I don’t have a map in front of me, but when they used to have reserved grassy area to watch the fireworks, I noticed that the walkway in front people were allowed to stand on the far side of the walkway facing the castle.

Thank you in advance, Ray

I have and the crowds built very early. I was also there on the 3rd. Is the 3rd an option? The fireworks are the same on both nights ( to me they are the best fireworks of the year) and the crowds builds later on the 3rd.

2 Likes

following along. We’re going for the 4th too.

I’m just planning (and preparing DD12) to get to MK as early as possible. We’re staying onsite purposely to be have the bus advantage.

We’ve got CP lunch planned for our midday break/cool down. Aside from fastpasses that I’ll make, we’re just planning to take the day very easy with little expectations of “accomplishing” things.

Main goal for surviving the day is to stay hydrated and make it to sundown! We went last June and it was 95 degrees with 100% humidity.

I’m still hopeful that it is less crowded than Easter/spring break or Christmas time. Florida AP is in blackout at that time, right?

1 Like

I have heard that in the past they do MK July 4th fireworks on two nights of July 3th and July 4th.

I have also heard that they do July 4th fireworks at Epcot, too.

I am staying at the Pop Century Resort.

If is true about MK two night fireworks, then I plan on seeing MK fireworks on July 3rd and I plan on seeing Epcot fireworks on July 4th.

This will be my first time, too.

2 Likes

That is a great plan.

1 Like

I was there in 2017 and did MK on the 3rd and Epcot on the 4th. Worked at great, though it was really scary-level crowded to me in the MK hub. Once it gets that crowded, you can’t move at all, but know that you can watch these fireworks show in MK from anywhere, so don’t feel like you have to be right in the hub or on main street. I was on one of the bridges and it was still great…and totally spoiled me for 4th of July anywhere else! Epcot had an extra 10-15 min of fireworks on the 4th on the tail of Illuminations, and they were great as well.

1 Like

We were there on July 4th in 2014 for our honeymoon. It was busy that week but nothing compared to how busy it was on July 4th. We had late reservations at Be Our Guest and it took us more than an hour to get from Be Our Guest to the exit of the park. There were people everywhere.

2 Likes

Thank you for your replies.

MANY years ago. We waited in lines so much I barely remember doing anything other than that. I think we got on Splash, Space, Small World… but I literally don’t remember more rides than that. It was hotter than Hades and more crowded than I knew possible.

1 Like

Going in June will really be an unusual experience for me for it being so hot and for the crowds. I usually go in the first two weeks of December.

Thank for your reply.

I too recommend doing MK on the 3rd. And then if you want to avoid the worst of the crowds do one of the parks that isn’t doing special fireworks on the 4th. We did that last year. MK on the 3rd and AK on the 4th. Had an absolute blast on both days. Fireworks on the 3rd were the best we have ever seen, including other Disney displays. If I remember correctly, the AK crowds on the 4th were the lowest of the week (I know they were at least predicted to be) as the fireworks parks took the brunt of the crowds that day.

1 Like

We were there in 2016 on the 4th of July. I went ahead and got tickets for the Tomorowland Terrace Desert Party which provided private seating and deserts/drinks. It was totally worth it because the hub was absolutely packed. We got good viewing for the fireworks and could let the crowds die down afterwards.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies.

PrincipalTinker, I can’t wait to see them this year. It will be a first for me.

disney1974, I have seen some recent photos of all the crowds this month and it looks crazy. I can’t imagine what it will look like in June/July and how hot it might be. These two days in July 3rd and 4th, my main goal is to watch the fireworks. I will ride more rides on the other days. I’ll makes sure to take my water bottle to keep hydrated and my small cooling towel to dip in water to try and stay cool. I don’t know if I will travel to WDW in the Summer again. I really do like December and all of the Christmas Holiday Decorations.

I think that I will probably go to MK on July 3, 2018 for the fireworks and I will probably go to Epcot on July 4, for the fireworks.

Euradius, I can’t imagine the crowds, so I will probably try and find a spot very early and not in anyone’s way before the fireworks. I don’t think that I want to watch the fireworks at the center hub. I definitely want to find a space further back and that is why I was looking for a fence to stand in front of. I also like watching from the back of the castle, too. I’ll check out all of these areas several days before July 3, 2018 to see what it is like. Checking for a safe place so that I will not be in the way of anyone with my mobility scooter for before and after the fireworks. After the fireworks, I just plan to wait out the crowd like I would do at DHS Fantasmic shows. It is just so much easier for me.
I may just eat a late lunch that day before the parade to avoid leaving a restaurant before of after the fireworks.

Lux1972, rlc9397, cschwartau, I have never really experienced really crowded times except for a few times when I travel in December. It looks like everyone advises to be careful on July 3th and 4th, 2018.

parsonsrt, I am going to check out the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert for July 3, 2018 just for a better view of the fireworks and not be in the way of everyone when the fireworks are over.

2 Likes