Has anyone been able to book Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Plaza Fireworks Dessert Party for 11/24 or beyond?

Ok… I called and they had times for a couple nights. 12/5/19 & 12/3/19. They kept wanting to book it so I had to be like…

"ummm… let me call my wife & then call right back!) :crazy_face:

I told them that MDE wasn’t showing me any available times and they had to transfer me over to the Dining Dept. to get it booked.

You’re sure it was Plaza and not Terrace?

Yep! I specifically asked for the Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Plaza Fireworks and confirmed.

Maybe not knowing the exact name of the party when / if you called is the confusion???

1 Like

I’m on hold for dining now.

1 Like

GL!! I said I had a party of 4. Don’t know how many in your group.

I confess, I’m on pins & needles hoping it all went OK. Update? :smiley:

Sorry! Got caught up on a business call as soon as I hung up with them…they said the availability was for the terrace, not the plaza :frowning:

No worries… That is odd though. I promise I made sure to ask about Minnie’s Wonderful… “Plaza”. Maybe my operator didn’t understand??

1 Like

It wouldn’t be the first time a liner knew more than a CM! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Do you think there is any chance they are not selling it? Too much to hope that it would be open space and available during the party?

1 Like

I tried for this for December 10th and it was sold out. I heard good things about Tony’s and I hear the parade reserve spots are awesome so went with that.

1 Like

Or maybe they just haven’t loaded it yet? I’ve noticed that sometimes when upcharge events become available it can take a day or two to fully load into the system. Though this has been months.

But how early would you have to stake out such a primo spot if it is available?

Don’t tell, but I’ve got that booked too! I just want the fireworks party for the reserved viewing spot.

1 Like

Update (again) – It took me talking to three different CMs and being on hold for 40 minutes, but I got as close to an answer as I think possible.

#1 – It does seem like the last CM in dining was mistaken and trying to reserve PFDP on a non-MVMCP date. A couple of the other CMs I spoke to this time couldn’t distinguish between these different Plaza “holiday” dessert parties. It was such a headache saying MWCPFD over & over.

#2 – When I FINALLY got a CM who understood the difference between the Plaza FDP vs. Minnie’s WCFDP. She told me she couldn’t even access it. That it was in the system, but it was blacked out. It wasn’t that it was sold out, there just wasn’t any way to reserve it. She was dumbfounded and really didn’t have more of an answer. She kept wanting to do more research. However, since I’d already been on the phone 40 minutes & wasn’t really going to book it, I politely made an excuse and ended the call.

Why do they have to name everything so similarly?? It makes it so confusing to get help. Why advertise it, if you can’t book it??

3 Likes

I’m hoping it means they just haven’t finished loading it into the system. But I’m also left wondering if they even know they didn’t finish loading it into the system!!

Thank you for putting so much time and effort into this!!!

1 Like

No worries. I work in an office where I often have nothing to do except “look busy”. This made me look productive! :crazy_face:

1 Like

haha - I won’t tell you if you don’t tell. I actually booked this as a gift for my friend who is going with me. We’ve been splitting all the cost 50/50 but wanted to treat her so signed us up for this.

1 Like

I got bored and had a moment to check on this today. I got this!

Looks like it opened up for sale at some point in this last week.

1 Like

That’s Tomorrowland Terrace, not the Plaza. I appreciate your interest though!!!

LOL… One day I’ll learn to read.

2 Likes