Harmonious: Thoughts

Anyone else watch? Thoughts

2 Likes

For me it was “just okay”

I liked the music, for the most part. But there was a lot of duplication in the songs. I get why they had so many different languages, and I like the point of that, but it does make it hard to sing along to your favorites.

The screens? Can you see them and what is on them very well from the ground? They didn’t do anything to enhance the show for the most part; I found a few sequences to be interesting but not compelling.

And the water jets? Nah. Not for me.

7 Likes

Oh and I thought the end was… creepy. Maybe it sounds and feels different on the ground. But from the livestream it was creepy.

2 Likes

Ha I don’t like watching fireworks on :tv: only live. I’m watching Japanese anime instead. The 4th great shinobe war.

I have thoughts. Maybe it’ll be better in person? I liked the music for the most part. But I felt like it was not fireworky enough or inspirational. I think they missed an opportunity to have some amazing fireworks during the Brave sequence. The screens were almost distracting. I don’t watch fireworks to see a movie. In person I can control my gaze, whereas on the tv I was stuck watching what they showed me, so that may be part of it. I also felt like the ending was abrupt.

8 Likes

Curious to hear from those who saw it live, like @Randall1028

3 Likes

Oh, I posted in the other thread about it. Is there a way to move mine over here?

1 Like

I watched the live stream. As others have said, I hope it’s better in person. Watching it on TV, you’re at the mercy of the camera crew/editors as to exactly what you are able to see at any given moment. You can’t really see how it all flows or fits together in that live stream, unfortunately. I think I need to watch it a few more times, to really get a better understanding of it. Maybe I can find other videos of it done by others, later.

2 Likes

Oh, can we not call them :taco: tacos. I like tacos and it’s not fair to tacos. Tacos are good and don’t deserve a bad name. :smirk:

8 Likes

It was mixed for me. I assume it will look better in person. Below are my thoughts based on the livestream.

Things I didn’t like:

• Sounded like live performance. Unpolished vocals and odd instrumentation
  • Narrators weren’t particularly strong
  • Needed more actual Disney footage instead of weird representations
  • Not a lot of high impact moments.

Things I liked:

• The different languages
  • Most of the song selections
  • Pretty cool screens - such vivid imagery. Lots of potential there.
  • I liked the fountains, fireworks, and pyrotechnics
  • Starting about Coco I started to really dig it
  • The Hunchback finale really hit me in the feels. Someday has an awesome message and I’ve always loved it.

Overall B+.

6 Likes

Hard same. Disappointed, only really enjoyed the Coco and Princess and the Frog bits. The Hunchback to Merida segment felt directly ripped from HEA. Maybe I’m mis-remembering, but overall meh on this one.

3 Likes

This. Illuminations had some cool visuals without tons of IP. I think I’m going to miss it.

1 Like

Highlight that whole post, hit quote, switch threads back to here then hit reply.

1 Like

Bringing over from other thread…

2 Likes

The arm thingies threw me. Just looked like a confused octopus… Aladdin and jungle book had nice air time but those are my 2 favorite disney movies and I didn’t like either segment. It’s probably pretty cool from the right viewing spot bur YouTube ain’t it.

2 Likes

I just deleted mine to avoid duplication. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely this. Once it got to coco things picked up from the snore fest it was.

Everyone in the park seemed to love it. I kept hearing “magic kingdom who?” Several times.

I liked the colors of the pyro and water/screen effects… but it kinda ended there.

The animations were crude, and hard to see without prime (unobstructed) viewing. It also just seemed wholly random on what they were going to next.

We were told the country buildings would be heavily involved, they weren’t.

There also was no definitive end here in the parks. After the “good nightL message, the thing ramped up into a up beat song. Which confused a lot of People.

It was certainly more than Epcot forever, but it’s not worth the eye sore unless that colored lights happen all night, and not just the 10 minutes after the show.

6 Likes

Yup.

2 Likes

It doesn’t take a whole lot to make me cry. I didn’t shed a single tear, well, except for the Stargate and other atrocities permanently on the lagoon.

The various languages were a highlight for me, and the water and pyrotechnics we’re cool enough. I wanted to like it more than I did. Maybe I’ll enjoy it more in person.

I’d be curious to hear from @Randall1028 or anyone else who is actually there to see it in person.

3 Likes

Oh. Monorails have underglow now.

9 Likes