Hard Rock Hotel and Express Pass

You can experience Ollivander’s without buying your wands there, unless you just really want to buy them there. You can buy them from the Universal website in advance, at some of the resorts (ours was Portofino–I don’t know about others), or at other locations in the park. I bought them for my kids at the Universal store at Portofino so we could walk in with them. My husband made “wand holsters” for them out of fabric before we went, after I saw a tip on this forum about having that, and they were great! We always had the wands at the ready (except when we stored them long term in a locker when we were doing other parts of the parks). My kids weren’t that into Ollivanders so I ended up being the only one who saw the show, which was very short BTW. Early in the AM I only waited about 10 min for it.

1 Like

Thanks! This is good to know!

Next question: we have two full days at Universal with Park-to-Park passes. I started to do a Touring Plan, but with Express Passes at each park picking only the things I thought we wanted to do, I had everything completed by mid-afternoon because we weren’t spending a lot of time waiting. Do we really need a Touring Plan, or do we just, like, have spontaneous fun?

1 Like

I make a touring plan because it will have show times on, but we don’t use it at all. Totally spontaneous! I do usually end up missing the shows because I forget to check the times though!

2 Likes