Happy Mother's Day

Haven’t seen a thread honoring all of our Moms today so thought I’d post a greeting!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms - whether your babies have paws or hands, are near or far or passed on, were born of your body or someone else’s, are small or tall or young or old.

Here’s to you for all that you do! If you’re like me - and even if we are very different I’m betting you are - every decision you make in life is made with your children at the center. You haven’t put yourself first since heaven knows when and you’re making the world a better place by making them your priority every day. It isn’t always easy - and sometimes it’s downright painful - but it’s worth it.

Keep up the good work, Mamas. I see you and you’re doing great!

Here’s me and my babies this morning as we headed out to breakfast. If you’re inclined to, share a pic of you and your special people today!

25 Likes

I’m a little sad today because we had to skip our annual Mother’s Day brunch at my mom’s house. Too many who are high risk that we aren’t risking bringing COVID to them, even though we’re at the 7 day mark. So DH, DS and I are just hanging around the house today (catching up on DS’s homework since he was out all week). Better days are ahead. Anyways, here’s me and my (not so little) guy!

22 Likes

I’m not crying, you’re crying :smiling_face_with_tear: Happy Mother’s Day @OBNurseNH! Here’s me and my little noodles :heart:

17 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day to you too @OBNurseNH. :100:

My oldest has a GI bug and second had to work. But DH, my mom, my four girls, and I just spent the day at the beach in Isle of Palms, SC, including a beach bar supper that made our hearts and tummies happy.

13 Likes

I hope your GI bug child is better soon and does not share with others.

3 Likes

Oh - me too - we leave for USO Saturday. Thank you.
But he’s 21 and fairly good at sticking to himself and has stayed out of the kitchen. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I’m late to the party but here’s my wife with our kids. I’m in the background making pancakes. :joy:

12 Likes

Can DW taste yet?

1 Like

Well she’s still married to Jeff so that implies she has no taste !

Ba-dum-tssss

(I hope you know I’m kidding!!! It was just such a good set-up)

4 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Her sense of taste is much better now. It has been a roller coaster over the last 18 months, going from no taste, to regained taste, to certain tastes being off, others coming back, etc. etc. She is closer to normal now than she has been since December 2020. But still a couple of flavors bother her (certain chocolate varieties, peanut butter) and she can’t smell rotten smells (lucky for her).

I can take a joke but only because I am conceited and confident that I am a true dish. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Good good.

2 Likes