Happily Ever After CL 7 or 10

Hello,

My family has 3 partial days planned at MK which gives us flexibility as to which day we watch Happily Ever After in the Hub in mid March 2020. We would love to avoid the busiest/insane/crazy crowds if possible. Our options are: a) a CL7 day with park closing at 9pm, b) a CL9 day with park closing at 11pm, or c) a CL10 day with park closing at 9pm. Option c) fits best into our current plan, but with little ones and older ones in our party, we could modify if the CL7 or CL9 day makes much of a difference.

Questions:

1. Can anyone recommend which option could have the most manageable crowds for HEA?
  2. Can anyone comment if the Dessert Parties would relieve some of the stress of dealing with the crowd and getting a spot, or would the Dessert Parties be equally crowded?

Thank you,
Scott

A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

CL’s within a 2 point range of each other will feel basically the same in terms of capacity. As stated, they aren’t used for that metric, but can be a guide. So it’s really going to come down to when you want to go. If one day is a Saturday and the other is a Thursday - I’d pick the non-weekend day.

Dessert Parties are an excellent way to see the shows. However, as you’ve seen, they are pricey for what you get. There is a limited number of tickets sold for these events, so while they can sell out they don’t get equally crowded as being on the street. You’ll be in a roped of area or on a balcony depending on which party place options are available on your trip.

Huge fan of the dessert party here !

Is it expensive ? God yes.

Is the food worth the price ? Hell no.

Is it still worth it ? Totally !!!

I know it doesn’t seem to make much sense and it only does if your budget is not too tight but personally I will never again not do it. There is enough food for you to make your entire dinner there (although it makes a little bit of a weird dinner and not healthy but there are a few salty things it’s not 100% desserts) but mostly it means zero stress for the viewing spot, the spot is perfect and you can sit down !!! I just love it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you darkmite2 and jflaff!

To clarify the days of the week:
a) the CL7 day = Sunday the 15th, b) the CL9 day = Tuesday the 17th (St Pattys Day), c) the CL10 day = Thursday the 19th.

I am really leaning towards the dessert party on the 19th (CL 10). It is just a lot of $s for a party of 9. Also I like the idea of the new alcohol option, but it appears it is only available on the post fireworks dessert party (which I cant do with little ones and older ones).

1 Like

I think that is indeed true

I’ve done the dessert party (party of 2) and watched from the hub (bc $500 for dessert party for 6 is a lot). The dessert party was certainly more relaxing and yummy but fenced off area still crowded but not elbow to elbow like the hub. But I found a good spot in the hub just behind a fence about 30 min before. We were off center but still in complete view of projections. 3 of us hung out while the other 3 went to shop and get snacks and then returned. It was crowded but wasn’t terrible, especially if you go into it knowing where to go and when. The bad part is if you try to leave when it’s over. We were there last spring break, CL8. All the days will seem nuts for HEA and I’d just pick what goes best with your schedule and make it work.

I just did HEA during a CL 10 over Thanksgiving week. I could see, and the other adult with me could see, but my DD7 couldn’t see anything and was mightly angry about it. We had not taken the time to stake out a spot and wait there. I enjoyed what I could see and it was fine but I felt bad for my DD7. If she were older / taller it would have been no problem. That night I ended up going back to MK by myself later and saw the 2nd show, I think around 10 pm, of Once upon a time. That one I was able to enjoy much easier b/c a huge amount of the crowd left after HEA.

Agree 100 percent here! The dessert party is always worth it when you see the people pressed together outside of the dessert party area.
As for which day you choose, it really doesn’t matter. There will be huge numbers of people trying to watch HEA in the hub regardless of crowd levels. The dessert party is worth every penny.

1 Like

I’m sure you are right, if only I had those extra 50,000 pennies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:laughing: