Halloween party help

Can anyone give me feedback as to whether or not the below plan is feasible for a Halloween party?

4:30 haunted mansion (FP)
5:00 Splash (FP)
5:30 BTMR (FP)
6:00 dinner at either Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House
6:45 line up and meet the grave diggers
7:30 pirates
8:00 space mountain
8:30 grab a spot for the parade
9:15 parade (stay put for fireworks - send someone for desserts)
10:15 fireworks
10:45 get in line for Moana
11:30 hit candy stations on the way out

Without knowing the date - really without seeing the predicted queue waits - it’s really hard to tell you. Have you made a touring plan for this trip? If so, would you publish it? Or at least tell me the date & size of your party & I’ll slap one together to check.

I ask because the waits at PoC and Space Mt vary once the party overlays begin.

1 Like

Just eyeballing this, if you are walking into the Pirates queue at 7:30, you still have to ride it, walk out again and navigate the crowd fully across the park. Even if Space Mountain has no wait (which is extremely unlikely) I doubt you’re getting on it before 8:30.

1 Like

I didn’t make a personalized TP as I just don’t find them really accurate (or at least my last few trips). Plus when you end up putting in things like character meets that TP doesn’t allow for it just seems to become pretty much a guess anyway. It’s just myself, my husband, and DD8. We don’t use a stroller or ECV and can get across the parks pretty quickly. I don’t want to run, but we are usually walking briskly.

That’s a good point. I’m thinking we may get to pirates earlier than 7:30 as I don’t think the grave diggers will take too long if we are there 15 minutes before they arrive. I can also scrap this if it’s looking to take longer than I thought. Pirates and space are certainly a higher priority for us.

I should have also said our date! it is Oct 27 :grin:

3 Likes

That’s our first MK day!! But we aren’t doing the party. Cheers to a great weather day!!

3 Likes

I made a TP for that date with all your attractions. It seems fine. You get to your “find a parade spot” closer to 8:45pm than 8:30pm.

PoC is predicting a 30 minute wait while Space Mt. is at about a 40 minute predicted wait.

Thought…and question. Can an anytime POtC FPP gained though ToTSS be used during MNSSHP?

Pretty sure all FastPass queues are closed during MNSSHP.

That’s an excellent question and one that crossed my mind as well! I agree though that it isn’t likely, but I have seen some reports that rider switch and DAS pass is working during party so they must be staffing at least some of the FP queues

1 Like

Thanks! I hope you enjoy your day also! Happy planning and safe travels.

1 Like

Thanks for the help! I hope those wait times are wrong, but given the reports coming out of the parties this year they are probably spot on.

1 Like

see you at mk

2 Likes

If you cant get a parade spot until 8:45, onto Town Square, should still have space. But sit on the right hand side if you are facing the castle.

1 Like

We will also be at MK on 10/27! @BlizzardPartyof3 @melcort10 @bethro23

4 Likes

And did you see the CL just went down to a 1??? :scream:

1 Like

Yes, but I’m trying to not get too excited about them. They also predicted a 1 for HS on 10/31 when we will be there. THAT I would like to see!

2 Likes

It’s not unreasonable - though a CL1 seems low. Most visitors to WDW go to MK on Halloween. However, we have to remember that CLs reflect queue waits more than park capacity.

1 Like

I saw that too! I’m with @NoBellePrizeWinner - I’m not counting on it, but man would it be nice!

2 Likes