Halloween Horror Nights 30 Thread (2021)

They’re selling Scream Early tickets now. $30.

Do you think it’s worth the $30?

You get 2 hours in the park for rides and stay and scream. Do that and the after 10pm half price express and you’ll probably be very well off.

1 Like

I already bought the express.

I’m staying on property so we would get the designated entrance. I think I’m going to wait and see if universal releases any multi day ticket deals and if not we will do the $30 each.

I might plan on relaxing half way in HP and doing the show during the crazy peak time and then doing the rest.

Y’all are making me want to do Orlando too but I don’t think I can get my family to do it right before or after Cali. I need a bigger family. I have a friend who’ll be there in Oct but she’s going during the day and doesn’t want to burn the candle on both ends. I will 100% do daytime alone but haunted houses?

Edit: FOMO won out. I’m gonna RIP it on Halloween. Now I have to convince someone else. I’ve got 2.5 months. :wink:

I did the RIP group tour in 2019 on my solo trip so that I wouldn’t be alone. I think it was a good way to do HHN so that I wasn’t completely alone!

2 Likes

That was my thought too. I did it in 2019 in Hollywood on my mother/daughter trip. When there’s just one or two of you it’s affordable. I wouldn’t do it for our nine person Hollywood trip mid Oct! But yeah if it becomes solo at least I’ll have the tour guide. Lol. Who says you can’t buy your friends? :wink:

I’m so excited I’ll get to compare. I wanted to do that in 2019 so bad because when I watched the online vids even the same themed houses were different on the different coasts.

This year I think only Haunting of Hill House and Bride of Frankie is the same.

1 Like

I think that’s our plan as well.

1 Like
1 Like

And Hollywood has a map now too! Yay! I’m doing both and so excited:

1 Like

2 Likes

So excited! And DH said he’d go with if we can get a sitter. Or is it okay to leave the kids with the dogs as a baby sitter like in Peter Pan? :wink: (I’m seriously kidding…I would not leave a 14 and 17 year old home alone or I wouldn’t come home to a house but a brothel…I’ve seen Risky Business!)

1 Like

I just shared this with everyone I am going with!

2 Likes

The touring plan presented was exactly my plan. Perfect. I am likely going to purchase scream early. Is there any benefit to purchasing it early or am I safe to buy it week of or day of? I haven’t bought my park tickets or finalized my universal plans yet so I’d like to wait until closer to the day. Does scream early ever sell out? Do they not sell it day of? Thanks.

Edited to add my HHN day is a Wednesday in mid September.

2 Likes

HHN day tickets do sell out, but almost always weekend dates in mid to late October. You’ll be fine on a Wednesday in September. I’ve never purchased a Scream Early ticket but you should be able to buy it online day of (it’s basically an uncharge so they’ll definitely want to have it as an option day of).

If you are 100% going I say purchase now, if you’re not sure yet or holding back then buy closer to the event.

Since you’re going on a September weekday your waits will be exceptionally low.

1 Like

I already have my HHN ticket and HHN express. I didn’t buy the scream early or my day tickets yet.

You know what you should do? Get there after noon, grab something to eat at like Hard Rock or NBC Grill Brew, enter at 3pm with your Scream Early, see Bourne, ride ET, then get in line for S&S.

2 Likes

That’s the plan.

Are we able to use our HHN express passes during scream early or does it wait to kick in after the switch? I assume I probably can’t use it until the event starts but maybe it wouldn’t hurt to try after 3??

Only valid during HHN.

2 Likes