Had a dream that I got to go to WDW without planning

Now it wasn’t a nightmare, because in the dream, I got to buy an already planned trip off of one of you liners and I didn’t have to do any of the work, but still got all the advantages.
I told my husband about this and he told me there are things called Travel Agents :wink:

4 Likes

:rofl: let me know if dream becomes reality

1 Like

Go during a less crowded time of the year and then your dream can be real. My DD19 and I went May 4-10th. I scheduled was 3 FFPs a day and 4 ADRs…No TPs…No RDs…
Wanted to relax and not be burdened with “what do we have to do next” stress. It was easy to get dining reservations when there. Had a blast!

2 Likes

Really?
That sounds great.

Not sure which part are you referring to as “really?” We had more ease because we were a party of 2, of course, and we chose to eat off hours like the latest reservation for dinner at a restaurant that requires 2 DP credits ( we weren’t on a DP) in the park or a late lunch because we had breakfast late.

1 Like

No planning no problem. If I got gifted a trip and it was busy I’d be content to do what I could and then sit outside Gasparilla Grill for some peace and watch the world go by. Or an ice cream on Main Street people watching and absorbing the atmosphere.

2 Likes

That’s the fun part.

5 Likes

I think if i was going solo i would do just the bare minimum planning. I would book my FPP and maybe a TS ADR or 2, but most likely i would just do whatever i wanted and whatever i could get FPP for. I would eat whatever sounded good when i got hungry.

3 Likes

Honestly, the best time that I’ve had at Disney yet was when I went solo to MK with no FPP’s or ADR’s!

3 Likes

I really think solo or just on or two people might be the ticket. So much pressure planning for an entire group of 3 generations 2 -70. I would love to just go and see what all I could do.
My family keep saying " they are up for whatever" but I know they would stage a mutiny if I pushed them to do it at my pace. Or “we are just along for the ride” well thanks mom, the question is which rides. LOL
We are 47 days out and my husband just asked where we are eating and if we can eat at the “belly dancer place” . Sure honey, but where were you 140 days ago when I was picking ADRs?
He also informed me that he wasn’t riding TOT. So probably can try and get other FPP for him.
It is hard for the non-planners to understand. They don’t even like having which park which day picked out ahead of time. So I try to get a solid morning TP set then loosely plan the evenings. I am trying to be flexible since we do have PH.

1 Like

I’m with you on this. However, my current vacation group (and foreseeable future group, with maybe an additional child or 2!) consists of 3 adults (me, DH, and my mom) and 3 kids (DS7, DS4, and DD2). I can’t imagine trying to go in without a plan!

2 Likes

heh, I wonder if this would actually work when it comes to meals. For QS, obviously that’s the way to go, but i’m too nervous to try and just see if they can fit me in anywhere.

Yup, that’s a trap.

For those flirting with the idea of no planning while going solo: I wouldn’t recommend that. Have a plan. Sure, you can totally throw it to the wind when you actually get there(can even be cathartic), but have one going in. If nothing else than to be able to lay out your options of what you CAN do (especially if you don’t go very often.)

1 Like

INDEED

1 Like

I feel like there would be a lot of opportunities for TS that might not be exactly what you would have picked in advance.

Possible, but not all TS in Disney is good, though… so you could end up with something very disappointing. Like you could’ve had Plaza…but could only get into Tony’s. Or worse… neither and now you’re stuck munching away on a “burger” from Starlight Cafe, a “flatbread pizza” from Pinocchio’s or something.

Sorry to sound dumb, but we have Tony’s parade package planned. Is that a bad idea? I was on the fence anyway since there isn’t seating at the parade viewing spot. I also heard you wait along time for your table, now if food is not good I will probably scratch it.

Tony’s has been notorious for having bad food, but the management changed somewhat recently and I have read many positive reviews about the change.

3 Likes

As @kerrilux_625778 says, lots of good reviews lately.

I generally ignore most restaurant reviews. Nobody here really knows what i’ll like. Plus, even a good restaurant could have a bad day or 2. I’ve even read some bad reviews for Pecos Bill’s, and that’s my favorite QS in MK. Won’t stop me from going back.

2 Likes

just looking right now for lunch i could get skipper canteen, plaza, liberty tree, tonys or crystal palace. That’s just MK. That’s not even refreshing. But my tastes are simple and i would be happy with QS.

1 Like

meh, up to you but I think having a plan is a better idea than going in with nothing more than a hope. You could still do the same “wing it” once you get there with a Skipper’s reservation in your back pocket (and then just do the bump-n-cancel).

Pretty much what @kerrilux_625778 said. I actually have no experience with the restaurant so I can’t give a review at all. I keep wanting to go there… but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. (I mean, the plaza has bottomless milkshakes! BOTTOMLESS!)

If you’re set for it, don’t scrap it due to my example.

1 Like