Guys Iger is KILLING it - more updates from today 1/10/23

Available as audio here: Interview With Disney Parks' Josh D'Amaro - YouTube

2 Likes

I actually find the park hopping restriction (2:00) to be way worse than the APR system. At DLR it was 1:00 and even that extra hour was a big improvement. Now with DLR going to 11:00 AM for hopping makes it even better! I would be thrilled if they just changed to time to noon!

9 Likes

I am with you. I never understood the hate for the APR system itself. It is actually easier than when you had to ā€œbookā€ your park with your FP+ reservationsā€¦and then the hassle if you later wanted to change them. APRs are a non event.

But the parking hopping at 2? That really impacts real plans. I fully expect WDW will update the hopping time in short order now that they have announced the change at DLR.

5 Likes

Me too. There honestly have only been a handful of times I couldnā€™t get an APR I wanted. And 1/2 those times one showed up before the day. The other 1/2 I tapped into a park I could get and then just turned around and left :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

One of the definitions of fairly as an adverb is ā€œto a large degreeā€. ā€œFairly annoyingā€ is a correct usage.

Nope. Cause itā€™s beyond ā€œlarge degreeā€. :wink:

See? common mistake. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t like the heavy emphasis on planning ahead, which is why I prefer G+ over FPP. And I dislike APRs for the same reason. I prefer to make adjustments as needed during my trip. This has been easier for me than others because we rarely have done park ADRā€™s over the years (though with the FPP lock in, we have gotten where we do a few.)

Ideally would be G+ that you buy day of and donā€™t start using til you get in the park. I have even gotten used to the idea of paying $10-15 pp. Throwing in PhotoPass would be da bomb.

3 Likes

But is he though?!?! Iā€™m about to get a Universal park in my state and Epic Universe in 2025. Iā€™d prefer that kind of news from Disney!

5 Likes

How did I not know Uni is building in TX???!!!

2 Likes

I think it just broke?

3 Likes

It just got announced today :+1:t2::laughing:

3 Likes

Kinda makes that ā€œfree parkingā€ seem less ground breaking.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Yes. And now I see @DWjoe cracked the same parking joke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Hey, whatā€™s more exciting - groundbreaking rides and new parks, or free parking, pricing tiers, and park hopping times? :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Wow. Can you please ask easier questions next time? Why start with ā€œthe meaning of lifeā€ level stuff?

4 Likes

Depends on who you are.

Iā€™ve no interest whatsoever in Universal. So for me the stuff at Disney has way more weight.

4 Likes

Oh - I know whatā€™s better for meā€¦.
I prefer when I donā€™t pay big bucks and then have to Be the magic.

4 Likes

I actually have no interest in any of the universal IPā€˜s, (save how to save your Dragon). That being said, I am regretful that I waited so long to visit the parks. Some of the most novel rides Iā€™ve ever experienced.

5 Likes

Exactly. Iā€™m a data and numbers guy so the Disney announcement is far more interesting to me too :nerd_face:

You donā€™t find yield management magical? Awww :cry:

4 Likes