Guys Iger is KILLING it - more updates from today 1/10/23

If you find one at that price, it would most likely be All Star Sports, which tends to have the lowest prices for a value resort.

1 Like

The no parking is huge!

The park hoppingā€¦What the ā€“ whereā€™s the WDW version? :rage:

I like the ride-photopass option as it is much more beneficial for me than the traditional photopass. I have rarely found decent results from the traditional photopass (blurry shots, bad alignment shots, etc), so being able to select the photos I want is a better move for me instead of dropping a large sum for a bunch of photos I wouldnā€™t keep anyway.

4 Likes

Yes!

Agree. For a short trip or a solo trip like the upcoming meetup next week, I donā€™t want Photopass. But to get some ride pics with some of my pals ā€œfor freeā€ when I use G+ increases the value of G+ for me and means I donā€™t need to spend a lot to get what Iā€™m after.

2 Likes

Another point - in what world has Genie changed the guest experience and received phenomenal feedback?

5 Likes

Wellā€¦it is a matter of interpretation. It HAS changed the guest experience (for the worse), and they have received phenomenal feedback on how they should change G+ or remove it altogether! :laughing:

3 Likes

Touche - all correct.

1 Like

heh I actually gave my brother such a good tutorial on how to use Genie+ when he went, he now sings its praises on review and says ā€œthank goodness we had that.ā€ He didnā€™t love the price, but considered it ā€œthe cost of disneyā€ and he loved the service. Says he will ABSOLTUELY buy it if/when he goes again.

Newbies, amirite? :laughing:

8 Likes

Having learned it, I am actually fine with Genie+ I have always been able to make it work for me, even before BG1. But Genie did not revolutuinize someoneā€™s trip (for the good) ever. And I really hoped it would be a boon to newbies.

5 Likes

oh i derped. I didnā€™t realize we were talking about standard Genie. Which ā€¦is borderline useless. And by borderline I mean ā€œat least it loadsā€¦?ā€

6 Likes

I missed it the first time I read it too. Then I was like, ā€œis he actually saying that regular Genie is usefulā€ because I am throwing a spin flag on that play.

6 Likes

These do seem to be steps in the right direction but they also seem to be baby steps. We still need Park Reservations for a normal visit - just not for after 2. But we still cannot park hop until 2 which is fairly annoying. The parking one is likely the biggest, if you drive, and it does give a nice perk (finally) for staying onsite in that youā€™re still not paying for parking at the theme parks which Iā€™ll admit was a surprise.

Hopefully this is the first of many steps and it is encouraging weā€™re getting something, butā€¦I was hoping for more when I first read that big changes were announcedā€¦

2 Likes

I think we can expect changed. These are harder to implement than the others so far so lets see.

Loads 7 times out of 10 is probably a better estimate. :scream:

I did find Genie useful to check show times. When it loaded. But honestly, thatā€™s about it and that still took too many clicksā€¦

1 Like

Fixed that for ya. Common mistake, happens to everyone. :wink:

2 Likes

Waitā€¦you actually opened it 10 TIMES?! I think I opened it up twice ā€¦and said ā€œnope.ā€ and closed it .

These are the folks who like it - the ones who didnā€™t know what it was like to have FPP for free!

2 Likes

Well when using Genie+ you typically have to interact with Genie somewhat. Thatā€™s my excuse.

1 Like

the paying for it isnā€™t really my beef. Needing to do it the morning of and constantly needing to update it is.

Honestly, if they would drop the price to $10 and let us schedule like FPP (30 days), I think thatā€™d be a pretty nice compromise. Schedule your first 3 and then rat-race once youā€™re in the parks. Just like before. The ā€œeaseā€ of getting 3 and not having to worry about them and the thrill/spontaneity of getting extra as you go.

10 Likes

Yessssssssssssss

4 Likes

Definitely - having to pick your park and ADRs but have no idea on which rides you can get nor when really puts a crimp on the planning. Being able to plan Fast Passes 30 or 60 days out was actually so nice to plan all the details of your day and coordinate with your mealsā€¦

5 Likes