Guys Iger is KILLING it - more updates from today 1/10/23

Maxpass allowed you to book the same ride a gazillion times, not just once.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think thatā€™s an accurate picture. These decisions involved both of them. Iger set the goal to improve guest experience, and Josh and team came up with these ideas.

2 Likes

That is my major compliant with it. Aside from the 7am time. Although I do like you can book a LL without being in the park. That drove me nuts in DL.

4 Likes

He hasnā€™t posted on Instagram since November 11 . . .

2 Likes

I think in DL the donā€™t book unless onsite is because of the gigantic number of passholders. And also, Californians are flaky. I could totally see my friends booking a bunch off site, getting in their cars and after seeing the traffic, going back home!

I could maybe see limits for headliners (like Star Wars) but hey, if my son wants to ride Dumbo three times in a row, why limit the LL passes? We are not taking it away from anyone, they are showing up to ride right now!

4 Likes

Also Avatar The Way of Water added to the itchiness. Even though I know itā€™s Omaticaya and not Metkayina (at least yet), I LOVE Pandora!!!

2 Likes

While Dā€™Amaro may have decided some of the specifics, the vibe I get is he was told to cut the guests a break from above. If it was Dā€™Amaroā€™s initiative Iā€™d expect to have read more pride of authorship in his tone and expanding on the changes. The only expansion Dā€™Amaro made was in defending the APR system in general.

1 Like

I read it differently. He made a big point about listening to guests. That sounds like pride to me.

My understanding is that he had been sounding the alarm on guest satisfaction for months and he almost quit over it before the Iger change.

1 Like

Really good analysis by Tom Bricker.

3 Likes

Now they need to make Genie+ free (like Fast Pass was) and Iā€™ll be happy!
They can keep charging for ILL. Iā€™m fine with that one. But give us back free ā€œfast passā€.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen it. Did you like it? (Iā€™m guessing yes)

1 Like

The whole free parking thing is making me itchy. One of my 2023 resolutions was no WDW until 2024. Then a week later I get a free trip to Orlando. And now this.

9 Likes

ā€œCome and plaaaaaaay!ā€ - Walt Disney World

9 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks!

Loved it. Seeing it again this weekend!!

1 Like

I donā€™t drive, so parking is nothing to me. Lol.

1 Like

I hope Dā€™Amaro takes over for Iger at some point if only to settle the ā€œour guy or phony corporate stoogeā€ debate once and for all.

12 Likes

This quote just makes me so angry. What Disney value resort is available for $100?

3 Likes

Well, I did recently see some on an offer that went to below that. And he does say ā€œcould beā€ so ā€¦

1 Like