Guys! I just gave up my Slinky Dog Fastpass for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway

I didn’t want to, but I don’t want to miss out on a brand new ride. Hopefully I can score same day FP for Slinky Dog. Monday, March 9th. Eek!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Think you made the right call

1 Like

I’m so excited. I thought it would be another BG situation for this ride. After seeing the record crowds at HS, I thought about not even going. Large crowds scare me. But this FP has me so excited now. Yay!

I just did the exact same thing (and got MMRR at a better time than my SDD was anyway!). Planning to either rope drop SDD or pull a same-day fastpass. Figured it’s always safer to have the FP for the newer ride and use other methods to get on the older (but still new to us!) ride.

2 Likes

I gave up MFSR for it. Figured the regular line for MFSR is supposed to be good. Planning on rope-dropping. Hopefully the TP waits are overstated.

2 Likes

Awesome! So glad this isn’t going to be a BG! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Me too - I’m really torn about it! I’ve never been on Slinky, and I was excited for it, but I figure it will be easier to get on than a brand new ride. If I had had the option I might have dropped Smuggler’s Run and gone with standby for that to get to experience the queue, but my MF:SR FPP is on our first HS day before MMRR opens.

2 Likes

So my HS day looks like this with ADR’s and FPP.

9:25: ToT
10:40- Mickey & Minnie’s
11:35 - Sci Fi lunch
1:10 - Oga’s
2:20 - Toy Story Mania

Going to RD/PPO for BG for RoTR, then standby for SDD. The schedule is a little tight depending on how early or late BG is, if I get one. Goal is to leave the park by 5:00 and head to Boardwalk. Flying Fish ADR at 7:15. (This is shaping up to be a BIG day.)

2 Likes

ditto! hoping it was the right call!

This is my plan - got a 2:20 for MMRR vs the 6:45 for MFSR that I had as of yesterday. Plan is to RD MFSR pull SDD at a drop time or do it at close and use the FPP for MMRR.

1 Like

I did the same thing. I didn’t want to miss out on the new ride.

1 Like

Is MMRR tier 1?

Yeppers

1 Like

This is what I’m hoping for for my FP day. I want FPs for SDD and MFSR. If everyone’s dropping SDD, that will make my FP day a lot easier. I’ll try rope dropping MMRR, as the queue should be indoors and it is not a priority ride for us. So if we don’t get to ride it, no biggie. We haven’t ridden SDD yet.

2 Likes

I just did the same and dropped my Slinky Dog for Mickey and Minnie. My kids have been on Slinky Dog before so I figured we would go with the new ride. My plans now look like this:
Hollywood and Vine Breakfast 8:20
Alien Swirling Saucers FP 9:40
Toy Story Mania FP 10:45
Mickey and Minnie FP 12:30

3 Likes

I feel the pain. My beautifully planned day at HS has been torn to pieces because they’ve changed FPP tiers content twice since I made my ADRs and FPP reservations. We at least have FP for what everyone wants to ride (ST, TSM, DS3&8 are split on SDD and MMRR), but not great times. Hopefully we can modify day of, etc. Probably made someone’s day when I dropped morning SDD FPs

1 Like

I’m holding on to my SDD fastpass. I’m hoping the capacity for M&MRR is better than SDD, and that the standby cue will be quicker. It’s really too early to tell at this point. It’s going to be crazy busy no matter what. March 23rd. 10/10.

2 Likes

We’ll be there that same day. Going to be a long one, for sure. Last time we went… five years ago… we effectively used TP to prevent any waits longer than 20 minutes… although I’m not sure we’ll be as lucky this time around.

1 Like