Guests visiting at the Resort

Hi again!

I found out that my sister-in-law and her family will be joining us for 3 days while we are at WDW but they aren’t staying on site. My question is, during our midday breaks, will they be able to join us at the pool (if I clear it with WL first)? Is this something that can be done?

The official rule is the pools are for registered guests only. No pool hopping between resorts either. However, I’ve heard people say that they were able to get a day pass for friends who were visiting. I’m not sure how strict they are at WL.

1 Like

This is purely my opinion and not followed up by facts. I fully get why WDW put in the no pool hopping policy and actually think it is a great idea. However in situations where people are visiting you at the resort - I personally feel that this falls within the realms of “reasonableness”. I wouldn’t worry about it and don’t “sneak” them in - but just walk into the pool like they belong. Most resorts allow day guests with no issue - and with how much Disney charges - see no reason why you shouldn’t treat it the same way. If they request that you get a day pass - get it - but I wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like

I’m a play by the rules sort of guy, so I would definitely go the “day pass” route. You could probably even call the Lodge in advance and ask what the policy is. If they say registered guests only, then it would be up to you if you wanted to try to walk them in or not.

1 Like