Guesses for Best/Worst Buildings?

My next post is going to explore the 4 best and 4 worst resort buildings on WDW property. Any guesses regarding what might float to the top or sink to the bottom?

1 Like

Ooh I’m curious. What criteria are you using to rate them? I could imagine by some measures, all the Value resort buildings would rank last. I’m thinking All-Star Sports would be represented in the bottom 4 regardless.

ASSports is my favorite All Star lol

My guess is some of the outlying buildings at POR, CBR and maybe CSR. OKW I’m sure has some since it’s so large. Also the far building in the carousel section at SSR. The 1 carousel building is beside the main road and very near the first paddock bus stop, but that 2nd building isn’t near anything.

For best, in moderates, I like POFQ building 4. It’s very close to the buses (and there’s only 1 stop), and fairly close to the main lobby/food/shops.

2 Likes

It’s hard to imagine Bay Lake Tower not being very close to the top, if not in the top 4. You can’t get any closer to the premier theme park in the world.

3 Likes

We did a night at BLT in December. We would be hard pressed go again. Studio room was cramped and dated, in desperate need of a refurb.

1 Like

The 2BR I was in was anything but cramped and dated. I wonder if they have been doing rolling renovations? Obviously the 2BR is more spacious, but even imagining a lock off, it would have been plenty roomy.

2 Likes

Agreed, building 4 is perfect.

2 Likes

After some of the other results I would be shocked if SSR wasn’t high on the list of worst.

WL is perfect ……

2 Likes

They are almost done will the refurbs at SSR. The new rooms are actually really nice looking, based on the room tour videos we have watched. The old rooms were in serious need of help. They are supposed to be completely done with all rooms this summer. But we liked the new rooms as much as BWV, as far as we could tell. Downside of SSR is location of resort versus BWV.

This is the problem with judging rooms…they are constantly changing them!

I was only focused on the buildings since the resort is so large.

1 Like

It was rude of me to ask a vague question and then go to bed. But I’m glad you’re digging in! I’m using resort surveys from the past 3 years and calculating overall satisfaction. To qualify, a building had to have at least 25 surveys, and a 95% confidence interval no wider than 0.45.

3 Likes

You should probably take into account if a building has been refurbed in that time. Numbers could be skewed down if some of the survey results were before the refurb and some were after. I would think you would only use results from after a refurb in such a case.

1 Like

To me there is a difference between “building” and “room”. A building would not change?

2 Likes

But she said, “overall satisfaction.” I assume that means the whole package, including the rooms within that building, and the views those rooms have, etc???

You’re right - but in the few cases where a refurb happened in that time, it either led to much different satisfaction (and therefore a large confidence interval and it got weeded out), or it didn’t … so I just left it in.

1 Like

I see. That makes sense. Only negative is that if a refurbed building happened, and the NEW satisfaction is quite high now versus before, it might not show up in the list of best even if it should. But it is probably a small subset of buildings, regardless.

1 Like

The answers are revealed!

7 Likes

Fascinating! I am curious if All-Star Sports was clustered near the other All Stars, or if it scored consistently higher for some reason. (I’ve never stayed at them, so my impression is just from images / videos and what others have shared.)

1 Like

Ask and you shall receive :slight_smile:

3 Likes