Grown-up Birthday Wish: LIVEish trip report

You can easily add these yourself (one way transfers) but it’ll only give you MCO as an option. But YAY for B2B!!!

2 Likes

So this is what I was trying to reconcile!! Bc YES SO MANY dvc members on all cruises. So I was like, how do they get a transfer?? Thanks for weighing in!!!

As for,

I didn’t think we’d get to try one so soon! But DH feels bad DS12 didn’t get as much Kids Club time in his childhood bc we were late to figuring out we wanted to cruise (2018 was when I first looked it up & planned for one Fall 2020 & then we didn’t actually go until 2023 bc of Covid). So he’s trying to get him on many of the ships before his 13th in July. And the Wish just so happens to have Marvel in the Kids Club so we decided we needed more time than a 4 night and a B2B works better than flying out 2 separate times before July, so here we are. :laughing: :laughing:
#notobsessed #okmaybealittle

4 Likes

All seems perfectly logical to me!

2 Likes

Glad I pre-paid my transportation in July. My cruise is next week.

I had booked Palo brunch on my booking day for $40/45 (can’t remember the exact amount) and then a few days later changed my date. The price went up to $50/$55. I had silver status so everyone in the levels ahead of me had booked at one price but then it increased. Tastings have increased quite a bit since I first cruised in 2021 too.

1 Like

We booked our cruise before DD turned 13 so she could do BBB. She’s now decided she’s too mature for a princess makeover and Oceaneer’s :laughing: She is planning to Disney bound and looking forward to Edge, but she could have done those things at 13.

3 Likes

Haha, that is a very tween thing to do. I hope she loves every minute of bounding & Edge, and if she gets there and changes her mind it’s still possible to get one last BBB (since she still will be 12 & you could still inquire for a spot while on the ship).

2 Likes

Ok it’s decided I’m keeping Olaf’s Royal Picnic. YOLO.

4 Likes

I had fun shopping for fish extender gifts today!! If you don’t know, fish extender is a gift exchange. The little mail pouch things hanging from some of the room number fish… you sign up in your cruise’s FB group, say your favorite characters or movies and the coordinator pairs you with a few families… I’ve had as few as 4 and as many as 9… there are family, kids only, adult only, ornament and magnet exchanges. The kids LOVE coming back to the room to a surprise. I generally buy anything Disney I see on clearance… one year I found a bunch of tongs with the mandolorian on them and the adults got those lol. Some people go all out… I got a needlepoint with mickey heads with the flags of all the countries we visited once… the kids have gotten personalized totes with their favorite characters, expensive water bottles and all kinds of stuff… anyway, we do kids only if that’s an option, but for this cruise it wasn’t, so I took our list to TJ Maxx and Ross today and had some fun. Got two ladies Halloween mickey socks, some mickey luggage tags for a dad, a marvel wallet for an 11yo, a spiderman action figure and a mickey water bottle. A few items to go but it’s always one of my kids’ fave parts of cruising!

6 Likes

YASSS!! Makes me so happy!

Great job on the shopping! I had a lot of fun shopping for our group (but also a little heartburn when it came to the adults). I’ll have to add Ross & TJMaxx as places to check for our next time. I ended up getting most things at Five & Below, was able to find a few other things at BoxLunch and then a very things at the Dollar Tree (but only some extra things for the kids, I refused to get adults any Dollar Tree things).

It’s a definite highlight seeing what the kids get whenever a new gift shows up!

1 Like

So today I looked to see if there were any cheap Weds night flights :rofl: there aren’t. I just can’t wait!!!

In other news, I was going to joke that I’m turning 29 again but then I found a legit, tip to tip gray hair yesterday. I thought I might get super lucky and not get any til I was in my 60s like my grandma but dang. I have huge age and sun spots all over my face and those didn’t bug me as much as this single gray. I really thought I didn’t care and was above petty stuff like that but it turns out I do? Is it normal to get grays in your late 30s? :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ve had grays since my late 20s

I have embraced it from the start. I’m too lazy to give that much time or dollars to my hair.

5 Likes

It is for me. I’m 38 and they’ve been sprouting ever since 2020. I blame COVID stress.

4 Likes

This is absolutely me. The only thing I plan to actually DO about it is start taking a multivitamin, but that’s mainly because my hair is also falling out… apparently nutritional deficiencies can cause that and grays. I’ve been encouraging my mom to stop dying hers and just let it be… and my back has been old since I was a teenager… and I’m an old soul… and when the dermatologist told me that as soon as i forget to wear sunscreen any lasering i had done on my giant constellation of sunspots would be undone, i was like yeah, no… but for whatever reason, it’s like OH HEY GIANT GRAY HAIR EXISTENTIAL CRISIS WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE spiral.

5 Likes

The only thing I’ve recently considered doing is getting a shampoo that’s specifically for gray hair since I’m getting so much more of it recently

I have awful sunspots

They bother me more than the gray… but not enough to do anything to or about them (laser or foundation)

:woman_shrugging:t2:

I am among the least girly of girls there is.

2 Likes

Y’ALL ONE MORE SLEEEEEP

Flight at 830a!!

9 Likes

I remember people pointing out a gray hair I had somewhere around the age of 30 - they even gave me a package of Just for Men that I tried once or twice but it was too big a hassle to be worth it.

The gray hairs have slowly multiplied and now I have a healthy smattering both in my head and my beard (I’m 40). I don’t plan to do anything about it either. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

yeah but when men go gray it’s silver fox sexy. i mean, to me at least. didn’t hurt george clooney is all i’m sayin :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

#facts

5 Likes

29 for me. One single full-length from the root to the tip hair in my very, very, very, very, very long hair.

Until 2020 (hmmm, I wonder why??) I only had single strands here or there. Now I have small patches & my mom every time she sees me giggles about how I’m old enough to have them. :roll_eyes: :unamused:

And count me in the I do not want to color my grays club. I did last year try a fun balayage to do a red color I’ve always, always, always wanted and then touched it up 4-5 months later to a more auburn color that I’d always also wanted to try. But when it’s time to re-bleach to get things to stick again, I’m not gonna do it. It was a lot of cost and maintenance and I’m ready to be back to my more usual low maintenance. I will touch it up one more time to a fun darker cranberry red for the holidays & that will be my color swan song & be a graying brunette.

And with the business outta the way…

YAYAYAYAYAY! Happy early Birthday tomorrow!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Good morning! We are delayed about 70m, so not sure we will make homecomin, which I moved up to 1245 a few days ago thinking that’d be better for lunch. But it’s today!!!

Also, data point: I got an email from DCL yesterday giving me port transfer times. 7am luggage drop off, 945 meet time, 1015 depart time. So much for being on the boat by 1130!

8 Likes